- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
US: Terra Techs's partner GroRite completes 8000 sq.ft. hydroponic cultivation facility
"While finishing the construction of our flagship facility in Belvidere we were also able to complete another step in expanding our cultivation footprint," says Derek Peterson, CEO of Terra Tech Corp. "This facility came on line at the perfect time for us as demand for our products is high throughout the holiday season. We plan to continue converting the remaining 27,000 square feet and expect it to be operational in early 2014."
The Lincoln Park facility is situated within a few hours drive of the New York, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania markets allowing them to efficiently service those areas with Edible Garden's fresh, living and locally grown produce. The operation is also conveniently located near the Hunts Point Produce Market, the largest produce market in the world, which serves an estimated 22 million people within a 50-mile radius. Edible Garden is currently seeding butterhead lettuce in the new space at Lincoln Park for sale and delivery to foodservice wholesalers through the market.
"While our primary focus has been grocers and other specialty retailers, we are beginning to cultivate products for wholesale into the food service industry. Having Manhattan just across the bridge gives us a major marketplace for servicing restaurants, hotels and other foodservice consumers as well," explains Ken Vande Vrede, COO of Terra Tech.
Click here to learn more about Terra Tech in a previous interview with HortiDaily
For more information about Terra Tech Corp visit: www.terratechcorp.com
For more information about edible garden: www.eatherbs.com
Visit Edible Garden on Facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/ediblefarms
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-12-05 Astanor Ventures welcomes Thomas Nagy as Operational Partner
- 2023-12-05 Jong Fruit celebrates 15th anniversary
- 2023-12-05 Glasmij celebrates 100 years of activity
- 2023-12-05 New partnership to explore cultivation of proteins, novel food, and medicine
- 2023-12-04 "We must decide if we want an 'outsourcing' model in Morocco or to maintain a productive self-sufficiency"
- 2023-12-04 GreenV invests in Mexican market with GreenV Mexico
- 2023-12-01 Kurt Dramm inducted into The Green Industry Hall of Fame
- 2023-12-01 Jordan Minister checks on hydroponic project in Mujib district
- 2023-12-01 Trustee surprised by how many people work at Infarm's bankrupt Dutch branch
- 2023-11-30 Earl Reinink retires from Westbrook Systems
- 2023-11-30 For Rent: Property located in the transport zone Meer in Belgium
- 2023-11-30 British Berry Growers launches campaign and policy board to ensure a sustainable future
- 2023-11-30 Produce are rotting at Johannesburg Fresh Market due to lack of electricity
- 2023-11-30 "CE-Line makes the autonomous measuring of water quality in closed systems possible"
- 2023-11-30 Andrew McIlwan elected Deputy Chair of Protected Cropping Australia
- 2023-11-30 Sara Wexler new CEO of Fresh Leaf