Top 5 -last month
Germany: Koppert acquires Welte-Nützlinge GmbH
Peter Koppert - one of the owners of Koppert Biological Systems, having founded the company together with his father - established the first contacts with the former owner of Welte-Nützlinge, Mr Hatto Welte, in the 1970s.
Mr Welte was a pioneer in the field of biological crop protection as an alternative to chemical pest control. He introduced beneficials such as predatory mites and parasitic wasps on Reichenau Island in the south of Germany, the home base of the company and famed for its vegetable farms. Over the years, he developed the business further, extending it into the rest of Germany, Switzerland, and other countries.
Mr Hatto Welte recently passed away at the age of 75. Patrick Welte, the managing director of Welte and son of Mr Hatto Welte explains the company’s vision: ‘It was my father’s dream to perpetuate the business and to see his efforts and ideas carried forward into the future. He saw biological crop protection as something important for our generation and future generations.’
Peter Maes, marketing and sales director for Europe, adds: ‘We are confident that we can perpetuate the business of Welte, which has been built up steadily over the years, serving many satisfied customers. We want to continue the solid relationships that have been formed by maintaining the existing service. Recent developments at Koppert will further broaden the solutions that we are able to offer our clients. With the assistance of the team at Koppert Germany, we have developed plans to ensure a smooth transition.’
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-08-08 South Korea-based 2.8ha tomato greenhouse installs LED grow lights
- 2022-08-08 US (KY): Somerset 30-acre indoor farm receives $50M funding
- 2022-08-08 New Organic Cropping and Integrated Systems Specialist at Teagasc
- 2022-08-08 Uralchem to make humanitarian shipment of fertilizers in Africa
- 2022-08-08 Singapore: $10 million center launched to solve urban farming challenges, boost food security
- 2022-08-08 Markus Takala joins Netled as Head of Projects
- 2022-08-08 "We can do any color mixes of radishes, as long as we know on time"
- 2022-08-08 Alliance formed to facilitate production and packaging of biological products for NA
- 2022-08-08 "We are going to face the global market challenges with great courage"
- 2022-07-22 "Trade in used CHPs from Belgium reaches peak this year"
- 2022-07-22 Advanced Berry Breeding gets new CEO
- 2022-07-22 Summer break
- 2022-07-22 Joe Sbrocchi to retire
- 2022-07-21 "After a perfect spring, the heat is damaging the berries a little"
- 2022-07-21 "High production has never tasted better"
- 2022-07-21 "In 2023 we will also cultivate open-ground melons for the first time, in order to extend the season"
- 2022-07-20 China chooses Kimitec's MAAVi Innovation Center for the sustainable production of its horticultural crops
- 2022-07-20 Huelva's berry campaign comes to an end with 270,000 tons of strawberries, a 4% decrease in volume
- 2022-07-20 Boise farm offers second-chance employment for people recovering
- 2022-07-20 Lockdrives: 450Nm rated torque means at least 450Nm torque output