- Senior Grower UK
- Customer Support Executive
- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
US: Over 3 million packages of new tomato variety Tesoro sold
The award winning tomato, a natural hybrid, features a solid and meaty center with no watery juice. Proven “best tomato when used in a recipe” by Scientific Certification Systems, Tesoro tomatoes offer unique characteristics that add flavor and texture to food.
"In a world where 'sweet and juicy' has been the mantra of tomato growers and seed companies for years, Tesoro's offer a new functionality when used in a recipe," said Marty Mazzanti, founder of The Produce Exchange. "Tesoro will change the way you use tomatoes."
Tesoro, an Intense® tomato variety developed by Nunhems-Bayer in Europe, was developed to fill the need of a hearty tomato with superior slicing without leaking its moisture. It is a unique savory variety that retains most of its water. Tesoro, the food lover’s tomato, is an award-winning tomato described as the best ingredient for cooking, slicing and dicing. Additionally the Intense® variety won Fruit Logistica’s Innovation Award and the PMA’s Buyer’s Choice Award in 2008.
The roll out of Tesoro has been supported by engaging retailers with point of sale materials, and consumers with instructional videos and recipes through the product’s micro website: tesorotomatoes.com. Since the site launched, there have been more than 28,000 unique visitors seeking recipes and cooking demonstrations featuring Mazzanti.
Packaged in a 22 ounce resealable bag, Tesoros are available throughout the U.S. and Canada. Tesoro tomatoes are hot house grown in some of the best growing regions of Mexico. Additional information about Tesoro, the food lover’s tomato can be found at http://www.tesorotomatoes.com/p/tesoro-story.html.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-12-07 Tomatoes can potentially reduce risk of high blood pressure
- 2023-11-30 Concerns about endive harvest quality
- 2023-11-29 Sweet Karoline blackberries arriving late December
- 2023-11-23 Taking a closer look at the world’s most expensive fruits
- 2023-11-13 Bananatex launches compostable jersey made from Abacá banana plants
- 2023-11-10 YUM YUMS cherry tomatoes unveiled
- 2023-11-07 "We're combating unhealthy snacks with seedless snack bell peppers"
- 2023-10-31 Zucchiolo, a cross between cucumber and zucchini
- 2023-10-31 Product innovation continues in greenhouse industry with new pepper variety
- 2023-10-26 New celery snack launched
- 2023-10-19 Melatonin from tomatoes? Seems like it
- 2023-10-18 Butter lettuce-based salad kits hit the market
- 2023-10-17 Lettuce brand extends with new salad kits
- 2023-10-13 App analyses tomato appearance within seconds
- 2023-10-13 "Plastic is still plastic no matter how you look at it"
- 2023-10-13 New premium berry line on the way