- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Operations Accountant
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Zambia: "We produce 5,000 units of lettuce per week, per tunnel, year-round"
- UK growers stop planting and put nurseries on sale amidst energy crisis and labor shortage
- Family business: growing tomatoes in greenhouses for over 60 years with an eye on innovations
- Passive solar greenhouses: How Ladakh farmers are harvesting crops in winter
- "High-tech farmer AppHarvest is running out of money"
US: Over 3 million packages of new tomato variety Tesoro sold
The award winning tomato, a natural hybrid, features a solid and meaty center with no watery juice. Proven “best tomato when used in a recipe” by Scientific Certification Systems, Tesoro tomatoes offer unique characteristics that add flavor and texture to food.
"In a world where 'sweet and juicy' has been the mantra of tomato growers and seed companies for years, Tesoro's offer a new functionality when used in a recipe," said Marty Mazzanti, founder of The Produce Exchange. "Tesoro will change the way you use tomatoes."
Tesoro, an Intense® tomato variety developed by Nunhems-Bayer in Europe, was developed to fill the need of a hearty tomato with superior slicing without leaking its moisture. It is a unique savory variety that retains most of its water. Tesoro, the food lover’s tomato, is an award-winning tomato described as the best ingredient for cooking, slicing and dicing. Additionally the Intense® variety won Fruit Logistica’s Innovation Award and the PMA’s Buyer’s Choice Award in 2008.
The roll out of Tesoro has been supported by engaging retailers with point of sale materials, and consumers with instructional videos and recipes through the product’s micro website: tesorotomatoes.com. Since the site launched, there have been more than 28,000 unique visitors seeking recipes and cooking demonstrations featuring Mazzanti.
Packaged in a 22 ounce resealable bag, Tesoros are available throughout the U.S. and Canada. Tesoro tomatoes are hot house grown in some of the best growing regions of Mexico. Additional information about Tesoro, the food lover’s tomato can be found at http://www.tesorotomatoes.com/p/tesoro-story.html.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-11-08 New blackberry and raspberry launching in 2023
- 2022-10-25 ‘Kawaguchi RZ meets Chinese consumers’ requirements for pink tomatoes’
- 2022-10-21 New snack packaging for tomatoes unveiled
- 2022-10-19 "We have launched a reuseable 4G wireless temperature and humidity location recorder with light sensors"
- 2022-10-18 “Company clothing is part of the operation in terms of hygiene, appearance, and comfort”
- 2022-10-12 Dutch bell pepper grower gets new automated crate processing line
- 2022-10-05 Shock-sensing data logger with food shapes replicate movement of fruit and vegetables during handling and transport
- 2022-10-05 “The impact of visibility on global trade flows is rising”
- 2022-10-04 Narrow strawberry tray saves grower 10% on substrate
- 2022-10-04 “Good tastes like more”
- 2022-10-03 "We have been able to contain the cucumber mosaic virus much better"
- 2022-09-30 Laser microperforated packaging prevents fresh produce waste
- 2022-09-26 Royal Brinkman and Kam’s Growers Supply launch Valent truss support clip
- 2022-09-15 Chopped salad line kit gets three new flavors
- 2022-08-25 Drop peppers: A niche product appreciated for their look and taste
- 2022-08-22 AI pest & disease detection platform to be distributed by Cultivatd
- 2022-08-08 BioTherm improves performance of their finned heating products
- 2022-07-20 Interesting novelty in the green oblong tomato segment
- 2022-07-12 New organic salad kits and blends line debuts in plant-based compostable bags
- 2022-07-12 Simple GoMicro device can measure food spoilage