- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Operations Accountant
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Zambia: "We produce 5,000 units of lettuce per week, per tunnel, year-round"
- UK growers stop planting and put nurseries on sale amidst energy crisis and labor shortage
- Family business: growing tomatoes in greenhouses for over 60 years with an eye on innovations
- Passive solar greenhouses: How Ladakh farmers are harvesting crops in winter
- "High-tech farmer AppHarvest is running out of money"
who wants to buy Leamington's tomatoes?
Canada: Businesses meet with Liberals about filling Heinz void
“At this point, when you are looking at potential capacity, growers need to know where their market will be next year,” Piruzza said. “They can’t wait until June.”
A group of tomato farmers said Wednesday that they need to know by Feb.1 if anyone wants to buy their tomatoes — seeds need to be planted in the greenhouses in the winter so that seedlings can be in the ground in May. If there are no buyers, farmers won’t plant a crop, farmers said.
Click here to read further at windsorstar.com
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-03-18 NSW floods kill millions of bees
- 2022-01-04 Lettuce ice means higher January markets likely
- 2021-10-26 Mixed grower-shipper reactions to California’s recent rains
- 2021-09-06 "You can tell it's not from a hothouse'
- 2021-07-02 Harvest of California chili peppers has kicked off
- 2021-06-25 EU and US pass climate laws
- 2021-04-29 Cow afloat
- 2021-04-06 Egypt, Ethiopia & Sudan set for more dam talks
- 2021-02-25 State-of-the-art lab is MU effort to raise awareness of the university’s first Black teacher
- 2021-02-23 Musical tribute to the Westland region now also on online streaming services
- 2021-01-28 LED project highlights the beauty of agriculture
- 2021-01-18 Inventor of pipe rail system Jaap Zegwaard passed away
- 2020-12-17 "I don’t think many people can comprehend the carnage which is about to ensue"
- 2020-11-20 A Filipino student invents solar windows made from rotten vegetables
- 2020-11-12 Telling children that carrots help them see in the dark ‘can damage them in later life’
- 2020-11-06 How the US election outcome may influence and impact policy for the produce industry
- 2020-11-04 First charter flight of Pacific Island workers lands in central Queensland
- 2020-11-03 "Involvement starts with the right communication"
- 2020-10-23 Ontario growers notice longer tubers during harvesting
- 2020-10-16 Florida growers optimistic about fall/winter growing season