- Senior Agronomist/Horticulturist and Agronomy/Horticulture Manager
- Growers & Assistant Growers
- Plant Biologist
- Ripening Officer Bananas / Exotics
- Grower and Nurser
- Farm Manager
- Floriculture Production Planning Manager
- Agricultural Mechanic / Crop Sprayer Operator
- Technical Services Manager
- Quality Controller
Top 5 -yesterday
- Yuksel Seeds expands its presence in China
- In eight years, Ranjit Singh has become one of New Zealand’s largest telegraph cucumber growers
- Berry farm cluster model from Panama to the globe
- Cloth washer thoroughly cleans shredded cloth during crop changes
- UK: £60m worth of food wasted due to lack of workers, NFU warned
Top 5 -last week
- Top tips for growing lettuce in a greenhouse
- UK: Grower reduces greenhouse temperature by more than 6°C during heatwave with no cooling, fog systems
- New packaging for hydroponic fertilizer launched
- Taking the wisdom from indoor farming and bringing it into greenhouses
- "Kawaguchi tomato variety good option for consumer, but also good for the grower"
Top 5 -last month
Philippines: Farmers and farm technicians to help re-establish agriculture after Yolanda
He said the team is now in St. Benedict Farm Institute for Sustainable Agriculture managed by Scholastican nuns in Alang-alang, Leyte.
"They were there since last week to help in rebuilding and rehabilitating the local farms in the typhoon-hit areas," Uy said.
He added that the team brought their own provisions as well as organic fertilizer, rice and corn seeds, fast-growing vegetables, equipment for the manufacture of organic fertilizers, water pump, botanical spray for dengue mosquito, and a small tractor loaned by Kubota Philippines.
Sister Ma. Violeta Marcosa of the Wholistic Healing Centre in Bacolod also donated vitamins for the victims.
“The main objective of our action is, while farmers are getting relief goods, a group of farmer volunteers are repairing their farms," Uy said.
He said that another team was also sent to Capiz to assess how Negrense farmers and farm technicians can help the farmers in the typhoon-hit province in Panay.
Source: Philippines News Agency
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-03-18 NSW floods kill millions of bees
- 2022-01-04 Lettuce ice means higher January markets likely
- 2021-10-26 Mixed grower-shipper reactions to California’s recent rains
- 2021-09-06 "You can tell it's not from a hothouse'
- 2021-07-02 Harvest of California chili peppers has kicked off
- 2021-06-25 EU and US pass climate laws
- 2021-04-29 Cow afloat
- 2021-04-06 Egypt, Ethiopia & Sudan set for more dam talks
- 2021-02-25 State-of-the-art lab is MU effort to raise awareness of the university’s first Black teacher
- 2021-02-23 Musical tribute to the Westland region now also on online streaming services
- 2021-01-28 LED project highlights the beauty of agriculture
- 2021-01-18 Inventor of pipe rail system Jaap Zegwaard passed away
- 2020-12-17 "I don’t think many people can comprehend the carnage which is about to ensue"
- 2020-11-20 A Filipino student invents solar windows made from rotten vegetables
- 2020-11-12 Telling children that carrots help them see in the dark ‘can damage them in later life’
- 2020-11-06 How the US election outcome may influence and impact policy for the produce industry
- 2020-11-04 First charter flight of Pacific Island workers lands in central Queensland
- 2020-11-03 "Involvement starts with the right communication"
- 2020-10-23 Ontario growers notice longer tubers during harvesting
- 2020-10-16 Florida growers optimistic about fall/winter growing season