- Customer Support Executive
- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
Russia: BelgorodAgro to build 70 hectare of UltraClima in Belgorod
The construction starts in 2014. According to a local source, the greenhouses will use UltraClima technology from KUBO, which helps to reduce heating costs by 25% and increase productivity by 20% due to the complete isolation from the external air.
The investments in the project will amount to 5.6 billion rubles (20% - company’s own funds and 80% - a loan, borrowed "most likely" from Sberbank). According to the regional program "The development of production of greenhouse vegetables in the Belgorod region in 2013-2015", by the year 2016, 94.6 ha of greenhouses, of which 82.6 hectares of new greenhouses, should produce vegetables. Through this, the regional government expects that more than 44 thousand tons of greenhouse vegetables per year will be produced by 2016.
Experts agree on the "viability" of the project. However, they point out the possibility of "serious competition" from imported products. In these circumstances, an effective marketing strategy should be a priority for the company’s management. In addition, such projects have a long payback period and technologically they are very complicated. But government support of Belgorod region will help reduce the payback period up to 7-8 years.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-12-06 Urban agriculture can promote sustainability and community well-being
- 2023-12-06 Climate Incidents feature to combat powdery mildew
- 2023-12-06 New machine automates weighing and banding
- 2023-12-06 US (MA): Local Farmers tackle nutritional deficiency in their crops due to climate change
- 2023-12-06 Michigan State University horticultural lighting workshop
- 2023-12-05 "Hermetic screens offer more energy saving"
- 2023-12-05 Hydrogen-oxygen technology proves to be highly scalable for greenhouse horticulture
- 2023-12-05 "Thanks to a new development, we can produce almost 100 clip nets per minute"
- 2023-12-04 AI-based inventory management software that “maximizes margins and minimizes losses”
- 2023-12-01 AI helps predict strawberry harvest
- 2023-11-30 AI in horticulture theme for 'Future Trends & Innovations'
- 2023-11-29 How AI could power the climate breakthrough the world needs
- 2023-11-29 Bluelab unveils controller upgrade
- 2023-11-29 Plug & Play ready-to-use vertical farm solution with air distribution
- 2023-11-29 "The auction model is one that truly works in Almeria"
- 2023-11-28 Canada: Vertical integration allows to have a farm set up on-site within 3-6 weeks