- Senior Grower UK
- Customer Support Executive
- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
The gift that keeps on growing:
UK: Wrapping paper contains vegetable seeds
Dubbed 'Eden's paper', it is available in five 'flavours': carrot, tomato, broccoli, chilli and onion. Seeds are embedded between the layers of the paper, which is biodegradable.
Innovation agency BEAF created the paper to be entirely environmentally friendly. The wrapping paper is recycled, and uses no glue to hold its layers together. The seeds are held together between seven layers of tissue paper, which are compressed together and embossed with a layer of printed paper.
The designs on the printed paper use vegetable inks. Seeds are arranged in lines to make the paper easier to plant.
Simply tear the paper into strips, plant in 1-2cm of damp soil or compost, and water for a week. Each sheet measures 45cm x 70cm and costs £5.
The project is currently being promoted on crowd-funding website Kickstarter. Anyone pledging a donation will receive wrapping paper as a reward. If the campaign hits its target of £25,000, the paper will be available to buy.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-12-07 "We'll, just like always, import from Spain"
- 2023-12-07 Aldi’s festive veg staples available from just 15p
- 2023-12-06 Deliveroo launches the ‘Christmas Sproutwich’
- 2023-12-06 "You can source more from Belgium"
- 2023-12-04 "Our fresh, organic herbs are 100% Belgian, year-round"
- 2023-12-04 Auchan and Intermarché are joining forces to acquire Casino
- 2023-12-01 Lidl GB is preparing for a record-breaking Christmas
- 2023-11-30 Seven & i Holdings has agreed to purchase the 7-Eleven convenience store chain in Australia
- 2023-11-29 Arrival of SPAR brand important milestone in development of grocery retail trade in Uzbekistan
- 2023-11-28 Biedronka has opened its 3,500th outlet in Poland
- 2023-11-27 Tesco has backed calls for government to place ban on plastic fruit and veg packaging
- 2023-11-24 Billa Bulgaria has opened its first Billa Today store
- 2023-11-23 Project focused on increasing consumption of fruits and vegetables in Tanzania
- 2023-11-21 Coles and Woolworths respond to Christmas ‘vegetable price surge’ after $50m storm
- 2023-11-21 A fruit has been a surprising hit in Deliveroo’s top trending dishes of 2023
- 2023-11-20 Asda opened its 100th Asda Express store