Guy Callebaut addresses the public in Veiling Hoogstraten
- Important in the new Global GAP remains the one-stop audit: one control moment for both Global GAP and add-ons, the additional guidelines that a company can meet.
- According to Kristian Moeller, secretary of Global GAP, the organisation wants to expand its offer of add-ons, weeding out the free riders.
- The introduction of a program that allows the NVWA to only judge Global GAP itself to make sure that all participants in Global GAP meet the legal requirements. Consequently the NVWA doesn’t need to visit the companies themselves.
- Leon Mol of Ahold spoke about the importance of sustainability in the entire chain.
- Jan Zegwaard of GreenCo praised the international nature of Global Gap: "I do not speak Spanish, but Global GAP is understood everywhere. If the same standard in fertilization is applied, you can focus on the customer."
Keynote speakers. Kristian Moeller, Ann de Craene, Guy Callebaut, Bert Urlings and Ad Klaassen
Keynote speakers. Above left: Jan Zegwaard, next to him Xavier Degrieck. Below Marc Soumillion and Leon Mol