- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Farm Manager Costa Rica
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
- International Citrus Account Manager
- Business Developer Water Storage - International technical horticulture
Gardeners must rally to defend diversity in the specialist plant business
"US: " Save our small nurseries from the European Commission"
In the case of PBR plants, the system is designed to precisely define a plant that is regarded as the intellectual property of the plant breeder. The description is a kind of contract that guarantees the qualities that distinguish a PBR plant from any other variety.
The scheme was originally planned only for crop varieties. As many amateur vegetable growers know, the differences between vegetable varieties can be minuscule, but for commercial growers the real distinctions between varieties are crucial to their economic survival. The addition of ornamental plants to the proposal seems to have been an afterthought.
The Dutch nurseryman, Coen Jansen, is one of the country's most innovative growers of perennials. His business is very much like that of the many small nurseries up and down the UK, focussed largely on unusual, rarely grown species and new varieties, mostly selections he has made himself. With a reputation for some stunning new phlox, his current focus is sanguisorba, a group of perennials with fine foliage and distinctive late summer flowers.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-09-22 Seeds shortage delays the Moroccan pepper season
- 2023-09-22 Trinidad and Tobago will face sweet pepper shortage, with prices going up
- 2023-09-22 Raspberry grower predicts biggest season yet out of Central Mexico
- 2023-09-22 Glastuinbouw Nederland after Prinsjesdag Budget: New measures mark the end for many growers
- 2023-09-22 What is biofortification?
- 2023-09-22 USDA invests $70 million to expand conservation assistance to underserved producers
- 2023-09-22 Protecting the Future of the American Farm
- 2023-09-22 US (SD): Last chance for South Dakota-grown tomatoes
- 2023-09-22 Record cucumber export from Morocco to Portugal amidst Europe’s worst drought
- 2023-09-21 Prinsjesdag budget: Cabinet comes to take money from horticulture
- 2023-09-21 Nutritionists say Kenyans are not eating enough vegetables
- 2023-09-21 “China's blueberry market is hot with high prices right now”
- 2023-09-21 Site selection for vertical farms is more complicated than it seems
- 2023-09-21 US: Study shows Indiana is emerging agtech innovation hub
- 2023-09-21 The Asian market is going through a transformation of products and origins
- 2023-09-20 UK: HTA and RHS collaborate to support growers transition to peat-free
- 2023-09-20 Consumer take on fresh produce innovations
- 2023-09-20 Damage by flooding estimated to be in the billions in Greece
- 2023-09-20 Hurricane Idalia helps strengthen bell pepper markets
- 2023-09-20 Morocco sends over half of its tomato exports to France