- Customer Support Executive
- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
Certhon develops LED grow-light project for Sandylands Nurseries
Certhon has already been working for several years as Philips LED horticultural partner, the cooperation in this project reached a new milestone. This modern nursery offers a range of benefits for the owner, the Holt family. The combination of SON-T exposure (105 µmol) and LED inter-lighting (110 µmol) enables year-round production and consistent quality. With LED grow-light installation the crop can remain active constantly during the winter as well as dark summer days. Various tests have proven that the application of LED grow-light results in 35% more revenue.
By means of the efficient use of LED grow-light, combined with SON-T, the electrical energy costs are reduced by more than 10%. An additional advantage is reduction of excessive heat from the lamps, thus less ventilation is needed and energy saving. Besides that, lighting between the crop warms up the crop which leads to less heating demand by from grow heating pipes. These benefits emphasize the sustainable nature of this unique project.
Certhon works as certified LED horticulture partner closely with Philips. Not only in the field of inter-lighting, but also in the field of (mobile) growth chambers, both companies have already achieved impressive projects.
For more information?
ABC Westland 555
2685 DG Poeldijk
T: 0031174 225080
F: 0031174 225081
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-12-04 "We can contribute to climate goals"
- 2023-12-01 Dutch flexprovider for horticulture receives recognition
- 2023-11-30 New Google geothermal electricity project could be a milestone for clean energy
- 2023-11-30 Carbon capture process proven with an energy demand below 2,500 kWh/ton
- 2023-11-29 Solar panels in greenhouses are not profitable for the time being
- 2023-11-28 “By utilizing mid- to deep-level geothermal energy, our greenhouse energy costs have been effectively reduced”
- 2023-11-27 Farm as a Battery: Harnessing crop growth flexibility for sustainable energy storage
- 2023-11-20 "CHP and carbon capture a natural fit for decarbonization of CEA"
- 2023-11-16 UK: Revised targets to approach energy efficiency for horti businesses participating in the Climate Change Agreement scheme
- 2023-11-15 Spain: Vertical farm cuts CO2 costs by 79%
- 2023-11-13 Iceland: Geothermal energy is used to grow cucumbers in this greenhouse
- 2023-11-08 Research into data center heat leads to creation of energy cooperative PrimA4a
- 2023-11-07 Incorporating CO2 supply into life cycle assessments
- 2023-11-07 30% of Dutch growers had to face the energy crisis without a fixed energy contract
- 2023-11-07 Dehumidification system reducing carbon footprint
- 2023-11-03 11 bankruptcies, more stoppers and mostly ornamental horticulture