- Teeltspecialisten Engeland
- Commercial Support Coordinator (32-40 hours)
- Sr Construction Project Manager
- China country manager
- Commercial Key Account Manager
- Agriculture Sales engineer France & European zone
- Cultivation specialist / Growers for Amerika
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager
- Area Manager South Germany
- Senior Buyer | Fresh Produce | Ireland
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- One of Sweden's largest tomato growers to stop cultivation during winter
- Wasabi grower discovering new greenhouse crops
- UK strawberry grower uses UV-light robot to keep powdery mildew at bay
- Gotham Greens raises $310M to accelerate national greenhouse expansion
- Drones fly through tomato rows in International Greenhouse Challenge
Certhon develops LED grow-light project for Sandylands Nurseries
Certhon has already been working for several years as Philips LED horticultural partner, the cooperation in this project reached a new milestone. This modern nursery offers a range of benefits for the owner, the Holt family. The combination of SON-T exposure (105 µmol) and LED inter-lighting (110 µmol) enables year-round production and consistent quality. With LED grow-light installation the crop can remain active constantly during the winter as well as dark summer days. Various tests have proven that the application of LED grow-light results in 35% more revenue.
By means of the efficient use of LED grow-light, combined with SON-T, the electrical energy costs are reduced by more than 10%. An additional advantage is reduction of excessive heat from the lamps, thus less ventilation is needed and energy saving. Besides that, lighting between the crop warms up the crop which leads to less heating demand by from grow heating pipes. These benefits emphasize the sustainable nature of this unique project.
Certhon works as certified LED horticulture partner closely with Philips. Not only in the field of inter-lighting, but also in the field of (mobile) growth chambers, both companies have already achieved impressive projects.
For more information?
ABC Westland 555
2685 DG Poeldijk
T: 0031174 225080
F: 0031174 225081
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-09-30 Grower with sustainable residual heat still suffers from high gas price
- 2022-09-28 Kent farm to power greenhouses using river source heat pump
- 2022-09-28 Photosynthetic brand launched by Rift Labs
- 2022-09-27 CHP systems offer growers more flexibility
- 2022-09-27 RAYN software available for growers' computers to control crop illumination
- 2022-09-23 High energy costs suffocate Spain's irrigation
- 2022-09-23 The Restrain CO2 extractor said to save store managers ‘thousands’ on energy cost
- 2022-09-22 France: Pilot hydrovoltaic project powering hydroponic farm officially opened
- 2022-09-22 Mexican grower installs double climate screen system
- 2022-09-22 UK farm businesses to have energy bills halved as part of new scheme
- 2022-09-21 "High energy prices lead to many emotional conversations at kitchen tables"
- 2022-09-20 "In Belgium, the greenhouse sector is bearing the brunt of the energy crisis"
- 2022-09-20 "If this continues, there will soon be increasingly fewer Dutch vegetables"
- 2022-09-20 Adapted tomato cultivation and also 'CHP story' under pressure 'if this continues'
- 2022-09-14 Using coatings to save energy
- 2022-09-13 Mixing solar power and agriculture: a blueberry farm does a test run
- 2022-09-12 Cavity screen saves energy without major system modifications
- 2022-09-09 Agrivoltaics: Co-locating solar and agriculture yields mutual benefits
- 2022-09-09 "There'll be fewer Finnish tomatoes on the market"
- 2022-09-08 UK: ‘Cucumber capital’ growers selling up as Brexit and energy crisis hits vegetable industry