- Senior Grower UK
- Customer Support Executive
- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
"Got Produce? in Gaborone and Maun"
Africa: Botswana project breaks ground for two new greenhouses
The groundbreaking news was made possible by Accite Holdings Pty Ltd an investment company that has led the effort to bring the California-based Got Produce? Franchising Inc. to Botswana. Accite Holdings holds the master franchise for the SADC region.
The Got Produce? concept is set to revolutionize agriculture in Botswana as the turnkey greenhouses are designed specially for the hot, dry Botswana climate. Hydroponic growing technology will allow farmers to grow vegetables year-round using only two percent of the water needed for irrigated ground-based farming.
As a result, Got Produce? will grow fresh produce closer to the consumer, increasing freshness while reducing production cost. Got Produce? is set to grow more than 300 tonnes of Grade-1 vegetables, such as tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, lettuce, herbs and chilies, for the Botswana domestic market in 2014.
Accite Holdings and Got Produce Botswana were founded by American entrepreneur and former Accenture Managing Director Michelle Adelman together with African business partners Herbert Chadehumbe and Bashi Gaetsaloe.
The greenhouses in north Gaborone and Maun will begin operation on 15 December 2013 with the first lettuce crops expected in late January 2014.
For more information:
Got Produce Botswana
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-12-07 Agrospheres compelets expansion of $25M series B round
- 2023-12-07 Norway: New vertical farm to supply retailer with 110 tons of leafy greens yearly
- 2023-12-07 Jiashan Sino-Dutch Horticulture Innovation Center opened during the horticultural trade mission to China
- 2023-12-06 "60 percent of our production is sold via the Munich wholesale market"
- 2023-12-06 WPK getting acquired by three owners
- 2023-12-06 Construction of new Multivac production factory starts
- 2023-12-06 AdeptAg partners with Hoogendoorn
- 2023-12-06 Syngenta joins the Phytobiomes Alliance
- 2023-12-05 Jong Fruit celebrates 15th anniversary
- 2023-12-05 Glasmij celebrates 100 years of activity
- 2023-12-05 Astanor Ventures welcomes Thomas Nagy as Operational Partner
- 2023-12-05 New partnership to explore cultivation of proteins, novel food, and medicine
- 2023-12-04 "We must decide if we want an 'outsourcing' model in Morocco or to maintain a productive self-sufficiency"
- 2023-12-04 GreenV invests in Mexican market with GreenV Mexico
- 2023-12-01 Kurt Dramm inducted into The Green Industry Hall of Fame
- 2023-12-01 Jordan Minister checks on hydroponic project in Mujib district