- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
- Packaging Supervisor
- Nursery Production Manager South Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Giumarra adds organic winter squash to its Fair Trade lineup
"We are expecting retailers to continue to take a closer look at Fair Trade," says Gil Munguia, Division Manager of Giumarra Nogales. "Consumers are becoming increasingly more familiar with this certification, and our new squash selection nicely rounds out an important category for winter produce."
In addition to the new squash offerings, Giumarra will continue to offer fall/winter delivery of several other Fair Trade Certified products, which include: USDA Certified Organic and conventional; bell peppers, cucumbers, seedless and mini seedless watermelons, cantaloupes, roma and grape tomatoes and conventional asparagus
In spring/summer 2014, Giumarra will again offer its cantaloupes, watermelons, grapes, tomatoes, and asparagus under the Fair Trade program.
Currently, all of Giumarra’s Fair Trade Certified products are grown in Mexico. Fair Trade USA reports that Mexico is experiencing the largest growth in new categories of produce certified by the organization, and that 62 percent of all Fair Trade Certified produce imported to the U.S. is USDA Certified Organic.
"Giumarra is proud to work with growers who are deeply invested in the Fair Trade program," says Kellee Harris, Western Region Business Manager for the Giumarra Companies. "With the successful execution of our program last season, the premiums we returned to farm worker committees in Southern Mexico helped fund infrastructure improvements to their housing and schools, in addition to underwriting student scholarships, bus transportation, and school supplies."
Harris noted that Giumarra’s committed retail partners are an important factor in successful consumer engagement of the program. "We will continue to actively promote Fair Trade Certified fresh produce to our customers," says Harris. "Once shoppers understand and trust that their buying decisions can make a difference in the lives of people directly responsible for their food, that message leads to increased sales."
For more information:
The Giumarra Companies
Tel: +1 213.627.2900
Fax: +1 213.628.4878
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-02-24 Consultants in organic farming get to the heart of the matter with growers
- 2022-02-01 U.S. organic produce sales top $9 billion in 2021
- 2021-10-27 Canadian greenhouse grower expands organics program
- 2021-09-27 Organic shoppers demand sustainable packaging
- 2021-09-21 Greenhouse growers present on Organic Produce Summit
- 2021-09-16 The UK horticulture conference created by growers for growers is back!
- 2021-06-03 Booth registration opens for Organic Grower Summit
- 2021-06-01 Pinduoduo embarks on first-of-its-kind study into plant-based meats
- 2021-05-07 Organic pak choi grown in good Dutch soil
- 2021-04-26 The World Food Innovation Awards awards the Monterosa tomato as the best natural and organic product
- 2021-04-23 Strategic organic partnership carries over to upcoming show
- 2021-04-01 "A coherent strategy for organic is essential"
- 2021-03-31 "There are wonderful sustainable initiatives, they are just not organic"
- 2021-03-22 Judge rules: This lettuce can be organic
- 2021-03-08 Regulatory changes expected to restrict smaller companies’ ability to provide beneficial microbes
- 2021-02-01 US: Organic greenhouse tomatoes see increased demand across varieties
- 2021-01-21 Ample organic cauliflower on the market
- 2021-01-11 Both a radish and a root vegetable – the watermelon radish
- 2020-11-09 Eroski develops a new range of organic fruits and vegetables under its own brand
- 2020-11-06 Holiday herb mixes now available