- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Grower | Cannabis
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
$11.75M fund to commercialize robot for greenhouse, nursery
The funds will be used to further commercialize Harvest’s first product, the HV-100, a robotic system being used in commercial nurseries and greenhouses to help reduce cost, improve efficiency and increase quality. Harvest systems perform the most physically demanding and repetitive tasks at grower sites, thereby providing a solution to the increasing challenge of finding and retaining laborers to perform this work.
“We are seeing strong product validation with first customers and are excited to continue our efforts to bring smart, mobile, adaptive robotics into agriculture, a market that is not only large in scale, but could significantly benefit by deploying automation to work alongside people,” noted John Kawola, CEO of Harvest Automation.
“We are very excited to partner with Harvest as they continue to develop robotic solutions for the agricultural market. Their first product has shown they can deliver functional and practical solutions for their customers. The company has a massive opportunity to continue to introduce transformative innovation to this broad and important sector,” noted Ed Zysik, Vice President at Mousse Partners Limited, who leads venture and growth investing for the firm. Mr. Zysik will be joining the Harvest Automation Board of Directors.
Robots are powering the next innovation surge in agriculture. Backed by a team of world-class robotics innovators, Harvest Automation has engineered the first practical, scalable robots for a range of agricultural applications. Harvest enables growers to create a sustainable workforce of robots working safely alongside people to increase efficiency, reliability and plant quality.
For more information, visit www.HarvestAI.com
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-11-28 New cling film technology provides certified recyclable alternative to PVC films
- 2023-11-27 Europe wants to save the planet, but its share of plastic pollution is only 5 percent
- 2023-11-23 New solution adds value and ease to machine-harvested blueberries
- 2023-11-22 "There will be no regression to classic plastic packaging"
- 2023-11-20 What will the war on plastic cost the fresh produce industry?
- 2023-11-14 A smart solution for packing small fruits and mushrooms
- 2023-11-14 Plug plant and seed tray packs ensure safe seed deliveries
- 2023-11-13 More and more innovations in advanced packaging
- 2023-11-07 WPTC European tomato production update
- 2023-11-07 Compostable packaging: keeping produce fresh and sustainable
- 2023-11-06 "In the end, rising freight costs lead to higher offer prices in retail"
- 2023-11-02 "Cold chain temperature monitoring maximizes shelf-life and reduces food waste"
- 2023-11-02 Dutch branch Celtic Refrigeration has bankruptcy declared - talks on restart ongoing
- 2023-11-01 Corrugated packaging gets smarter and greener
- 2023-11-01 "With the press of a button, from 200g iceberg lettuce to 600g spinach"
- 2023-10-16 New bundling machine unveiled at Fruit Attraction