- Sr Construction Project Manager
- China country manager
- Commercial Key Account Manager
- Agriculture Sales engineer France & European zone
- Cultivation specialist / Growers for Amerika
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager
- Area Manager South Germany
- Senior Buyer | Fresh Produce | Ireland
- Sales Manager Citrus
- Senior Key Account Manager
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- One of Sweden's largest tomato growers to stop cultivation during winter
- Wasabi grower discovering new greenhouse crops
- UK strawberry grower uses UV-light robot to keep powdery mildew at bay
- Finka San Antonio cuts the ribbon on its 22-hectare greenhouse
- Gotham Greens raises $310M to accelerate national greenhouse expansion
$11.75M fund to commercialize robot for greenhouse, nursery
The funds will be used to further commercialize Harvest’s first product, the HV-100, a robotic system being used in commercial nurseries and greenhouses to help reduce cost, improve efficiency and increase quality. Harvest systems perform the most physically demanding and repetitive tasks at grower sites, thereby providing a solution to the increasing challenge of finding and retaining laborers to perform this work.
“We are seeing strong product validation with first customers and are excited to continue our efforts to bring smart, mobile, adaptive robotics into agriculture, a market that is not only large in scale, but could significantly benefit by deploying automation to work alongside people,” noted John Kawola, CEO of Harvest Automation.
“We are very excited to partner with Harvest as they continue to develop robotic solutions for the agricultural market. Their first product has shown they can deliver functional and practical solutions for their customers. The company has a massive opportunity to continue to introduce transformative innovation to this broad and important sector,” noted Ed Zysik, Vice President at Mousse Partners Limited, who leads venture and growth investing for the firm. Mr. Zysik will be joining the Harvest Automation Board of Directors.
Robots are powering the next innovation surge in agriculture. Backed by a team of world-class robotics innovators, Harvest Automation has engineered the first practical, scalable robots for a range of agricultural applications. Harvest enables growers to create a sustainable workforce of robots working safely alongside people to increase efficiency, reliability and plant quality.
For more information, visit www.HarvestAI.com
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-09-22 New cling film is compostable with industrial versatility
- 2022-09-19 Snack tomato packaging wins 'Carton of the Year 2022' award
- 2022-09-13 "Products washed with peroxide have a longer shelf life"
- 2022-08-29 Strauss's leapfrogging in sustainable packaging by ROP for salads and leafy greens
- 2022-08-25 UK: Plant packaging manufacturer is exhibiting at the Four Oaks Trade show
- 2022-08-24 "No doubt robotic harvesters will be common in greenhouses very soon"
- 2022-08-18 Sustainable closure sealing and labelling of fruit and vegetable trays
- 2022-08-12 New application for disinfection of fresh-cut fruits by means ozone in the packaging
- 2022-07-07 New cold storage and research rooms put into operation at Proeftuin Randwijk
- 2022-07-07 Fruit that always has the best taste and bite thanks to All-in-One Spectral Cabinet
- 2022-06-30 50% more plants thanks to new strawberry cultivation system
- 2022-06-01 Proseal pioneers workable alternatives to plastic tray sealing
- 2022-05-27 European retailers called out for not going all-in on curtailing plastic pollution
- 2022-05-27 Is the economy threatening packaging sustainability?
- 2022-05-11 Drivers: the unsung heroes of the horticultural industry
- 2022-05-03 Canadian grower backs five-year plastics research project
- 2022-04-25 US (GA): Horticultural container manufacturer to invest $44 million in Toombs County
- 2022-04-06 Beekenkamp introduces new transport boxes for better automatic processing
- 2022-04-04 "Display enables nice placement of herbs and optimal brand presentation"
- 2022-03-30 Fast and flexible closing machine for cardboard trays with flaps