Top 5 -yesterday
- UK: Grower reduces greenhouse temperature by more than 6°C during heatwave with no cooling, fog systems
- Understanding the profitability of your greenhouse
- Agave: The new drought-tolerant California crop?
- Patromex and DIDIHU partnership invests in modern plant for value-added coconut substrates
- US: Larry Ellison is feeding Hawaii from his high-tech hydroponic farm on Lanai
Top 5 -last month
- Vertical farming technologies tool in researching and fighting diseases
- German retailer Kaufland and horti-family Reichenspurner open new greenhouse
- "Water is the new gold"
- Growing strawberries from seeds becoming increasingly popular
- Higher productivity and earliness are the story behind these pink greenhouses
US: Village Farms named finalist for Texas Employer of the Year award
Finalists were nominated for their contributions to their community’s workforce through innovation and collaboration, while supporting TWC’s mission of ensuring the state of Texas remain competitive in the 21st century.
According to Michael DeGiglio, President and Chief Executive Officer for Village Farms, “We are extremely proud to be selected as a finalist for this esteemed award in Texas as one of the most vibrant and growing economies in the United States. As we move into 2014 we will be celebrating our 25th year of business which makes this award all the more valued for us as a company.” DeGiglio continues, “At Village Farms we consider our employees to be our strongest asset, with each team member critical to our company’s growth and success. As a company we will continue to strive for growth opportunities for our employees and the communities we support as one of the largest rural employers in the great state of Texas.”
The winner of this year’s award will be announced at the 17th Annual Texas Workforce Conference at the Grand Hyatt in San Antonio, Texas on December 5th, 2013.
For more information:
Helen L. Aquino
Village Farms International
Tel: +1 407-936-1190 ext. 312
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-08-12 "Every time we can anticipate, we win"
- 2022-08-12 “It is like a marathon run, and we want to finish first!”
- 2022-08-12 Patromex and DIDIHU partnership invests in modern plant for value-added coconut substrates
- 2022-08-12 UAE’s Pure Harvest considers a number of debt structures to expand to Asia
- 2022-08-12 USDA grants $100,000 to Lee County School District for farm-to-school projects
- 2022-08-12 Corteva Agriscience has filed a lawsuit against Bayer and Monsanto
- 2022-08-12 UK: Grower reduces greenhouse temperature by more than 6°C during heatwave with no cooling, fog systems
- 2022-08-12 US (NY): New vertical farm opened to create fungi-based bacon
- 2022-08-12 Russia to ban some imports of seeds from Europe and Canada
- 2022-08-12 New back-to-school snacks hit the market
- 2022-08-11 "Production volume of Chinese strawberry tomatoes grew by 20%-30% this year"
- 2022-08-11 US (CA): Davis greenhouse grows lettuce using minimal water
- 2022-08-11 Nair elected VP of Extension with American Society for Horticultural Science
- 2022-08-11 Oregon high school to get ARPA funds for a greenhouse project
- 2022-08-11 Certis Belchim acquires assets of New Zealand-Based Henry Manufacturing
- 2022-08-10 Western Growers mourns the passing of Hank Giclas
- 2022-08-10 India: Yara Growth invests $50M in ag-fintech company
- 2022-08-10 All Florida pesticide exams now available online
- 2022-08-10 Call for research needs in aquaponics
- 2022-08-10 Greenhouse grower purchases 75-acre greenhouse in Jalisco, Mexico