- VP Growing Operations
- Head Grower Strawberries, Australia
- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Farm Manager Costa Rica
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
Israel to set up centres in India for cooperative R&D
The objective is to demonstrate Israeli agriculture technologies and know-how to local farmers on the use of protected cultivation, which allows crops to be grown beyond seasonal barriers through efficient use of water and controlling of temperature using poly-housescanopies.
Calling it the best example of cooperation between the two countries, Israeli minister of economy Naftali Bennett, who visited the Centre of Excellence for Vegetables in Karnal to see it function on Tuesday, told TOI that the idea of this step was to increase productivity through efficient use of water and other resources and made the entire agricultural activity less expensive for the farmers not only in Haryana but also in other parts of India.
The concept of cooperation behind these centres is to create a platform for joint Indian and Israeli agriculture research and development (R&D) on the ground that will benefit both the countries in the long run. Each centre will be focused on specific fruit and vegetable crops.
Israel will provide seeds and technologies to help grow new variety of vegetables and fruits like cucumber, capsicum, mango, dates and herbs.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-09-29 Chinese astronauts tend a 'space garden' in orbit
- 2023-09-29 "Sustainable cleaning of durable soil cloth, a great solution for plant growers"
- 2023-09-27 "We managed to produce tomatoes without chemicals on 13.5 hectares this year"
- 2023-09-27 A farmer from Aktobe supplies melons year round
- 2023-09-27 CAN (ON): Durham College’s indoor farm supports local food security
- 2023-09-27 New greenhouses covering 6000 sq m to grow Kiwi Plants
- 2023-09-26 "Rise of fresh packs boosts Dutch zucchini consumption"
- 2023-09-26 "Up to 200 kg of baby greens per sq/m with new leafy greens platform"
- 2023-09-25 Chinese scientists work to design tomatoes suitable for mechanical harvesting
- 2023-09-25 New joint-venture addresses shading, coatings, and cleaning products
- 2023-09-22 Climate change positive for tomato cultivation in Lebanon's high mountains
- 2023-09-22 "The cold winter weather in our area allows us to completely cut the cycle of the tomato virus"
- 2023-09-22 'Collaboration succeeds in growing saline plants using saltwater sources'
- 2023-09-21 Chinese taikonauts harvest space vegetables aboard Tiangong space station
- 2023-09-21 Nitrogen and potassium key to nutrient uptake
- 2023-09-20 Low nitrate nutrition for new strawberry product
- 2023-09-20 US: USDA invests $200k in Oklahoma aquaponics program
- 2023-09-20 Photo report: Propagation professionals unite during knowledge exchange event
- 2023-09-19 Tunnel Farm: one of the few cases of underground 'indoor vertical farming' in the world
- 2023-09-18 CAN (AB): GoodLeaf's Calgary vertical farm in full production