Top 5 -yesterday
- Taking the wisdom from indoor farming and bringing it into greenhouses
- Top tips for growing lettuce in a greenhouse
- Greenhouse grower purchases 75-acre greenhouse in Jalisco, Mexico
- "One thing's sure: there will be less lit cultivation next season"
- New type of strawberry harvester introduced to the market
Top 5 -last month
Monsanto loss deeper than expected, forecast weak
Monsanto said it expects earnings in the new fiscal year, begun September 1, of $5.00 to $5.20 per share, below analysts' average estimate of $5.30, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Monsanto also said it was acquiring a climate data science company as part of a long-term growth plan. The acquisition of San Francisco-based Climate Corp for $930 million will dilute fiscal 2014 earnings by about 14 cents a share, the company said.
Overall, Monsanto lost $249 million, or 47 cents a share, in the fourth quarter, compared with a loss of $229 million, or 42 cents a share, a year earlier. Analysts on average were expecting a loss of 43 cents a share. Sales rose to $2.2 billion from $2.1 billion, but sales of its key seeds and genomics business dropped to $1.19 billion from $1.20 billion.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-08-11 "Production volume of Chinese strawberry tomatoes grew by 20%-30% this year"
- 2022-08-11 US (CA): Davis greenhouse grows lettuce using minimal water
- 2022-08-11 Nair elected VP of Extension with American Society for Horticultural Science
- 2022-08-11 Oregon high school to get ARPA funds for a greenhouse project
- 2022-08-11 Certis Belchim acquires assets of New Zealand-Based Henry Manufacturing
- 2022-08-10 Shouguang, Shandong: the capital of vegetables in China
- 2022-08-10 “Developing varieties with resistances takes time but it’s an important role we play as plant breeders”
- 2022-08-10 Western Growers mourns the passing of Hank Giclas
- 2022-08-10 India: Yara Growth invests $50M in ag-fintech company
- 2022-08-10 All Florida pesticide exams now available online
- 2022-08-10 Call for research needs in aquaponics
- 2022-08-10 Greenhouse grower purchases 75-acre greenhouse in Jalisco, Mexico
- 2022-08-10 "One thing's sure: there will be less lit cultivation next season"
- 2022-08-10 Biobest steps up presence in Portugal with acquisition of Agronologica, changes name to Biobest Portugal
- 2022-08-10 4 case studies on monitoring and optimizing irrigation
- 2022-08-10 US (CA): Rotational fungicide approved for sale in CA
- 2022-08-10 New type of strawberry harvester introduced to the market
- 2022-08-10 "We consider every aspect of bell pepper cultivation to keep moving toward energy-neutral farming"
- 2022-08-10 Nova Siri Genetics research for strawberry cultivation
- 2022-08-09 US (ID): Syngenta debuts $15 million global vegetable seeds quality control lab