- Head Grower Strawberries, Australia
- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Farm Manager Costa Rica
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
- International Citrus Account Manager
US (PA): Succesful Environmental Microbiology Symposium at Pennstate
More than 90 students, postdocs, and faculty from four colleges and two satellite campuses of Penn State registered for the symposium, with 24 oral presentations by faculty and 35 posters. Dr. Rita Colwell, Distinguished Professor at the University of Maryland and at John Hopkins University, and Director of the National Science Foundation from 1998-2004, presented the morning keynote address. Dr. Colwell presented her research on the role of environmental factorPPATH Graduate Students (L-R: Carla Lanze, Emily Pfeufer, Eric O'Neal, Chris Smyth, Rob Harvey, Anita Behari, and Sara Atyeo).s influencing emerging diseases and research on recent cholera epidemics worldwide.
PPEM Symposium Organizing Committee and Speakers: Drs. John Pecchia, David Geiser, Regina Redman, Marilyn Roossinck, Rita Colwell, Mary Ann Bruns
The afternoon keynote address was presented by Dr. Regina Redman, the founder of Adaptive Symbiotic Technologies. Dr. Redman’s talk entitled “Microbial Symbiosis in Habitat Adaptation of Plants” discussed interactions of microbial organisms with plant hosts that influence plant tolerance to stress and expansion of plant distribution into hostile environments or increased disease resistance. Participants at the symposium agreed that the meeting and resulting discussions allowed them to gain a good overview of research activities in Environmental Microbiology at Penn State and to exchange ideas. Follow-up activities are planned to foster future interdisciplinary collaborations.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-09-27 What's happening on the second day of VertiFarm?
- 2023-09-27 25 years of Horti-Consult International: "We're not doing too badly here"
- 2023-09-26 LeafSpec named finalist for round five of $3 Million Grow-NY Global Food and Agriculture Business Competition
- 2023-09-26 Training on microgreen farming
- 2023-09-26 US (VA): Alliances and innovation headline 2nd annual edition of CEA Summit East in Virginia
- 2023-09-25 How to master your hygiene protocols
- 2023-09-25 US: Semifinalists announced for $1 million Seeding The Future Global Food System Challenge
- 2023-09-25 New York Produce Show and Conference welcomes floral exhibitors again on December 6
- 2023-09-25 Over 200 visitors during the 'Open Energy Day' at Trias Westland geothermal project
- 2023-09-22 Dutch Chili Fest brought the heat to Eindhoven
- 2023-09-22 'Women in CEA' kicks off at VertiFarm
- 2023-09-22 Photo report: British Tomato Conference
- 2023-09-22 The industry looks to the future
- 2023-09-22 NL: Kids festival Wageningen University & Research in Bleiswijk
- 2023-09-21 British Tomato Conference kicks off
- 2023-09-21 10th International Propagation Seminar sheds light on sustainable, soilless growing
- 2023-09-20 University of Florida greenhouse climate management starts October 1
- 2023-09-20 US: CEA Summit kicks off in Virginia
- 2023-09-19 "The necessary resources can be managed more easily in cooperation than on a stand-alone basis"
- 2023-09-19 Seed to food chain in focus at Horti Agri Next MEA 2023