- Head Grower Strawberries, Australia
- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Farm Manager Costa Rica
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
- International Citrus Account Manager
Successful exhibition for Dutch Plantin in Naivasha Kenya:
"Growing on substrate has a big future in Kenya"
The customers are well satisfied with the quality of Dutch Plantin coco peat. A grower says: "We once bought some other coco because it was a bit cheaper, but we noticed the difference in quality immediately." Another major grower explains: "Cutting down costs on substrate is always at the expense of yield."
During the Naivasha show, Roosen stayed at the residence of growers Joost and Ingrid Zuurbier from Bilashaka Flowers at Lake Naivasha, a two-hour drive from Nairobi. "In addition to the 28 ha cultivation of roses the couple owns ‘a little paradise’ called Bilashaka Lodge. Bilashaka Lodge is a guesthouse in the middle of fantastic nature with many birds and wildlife. A great experience", added Roosen.
For more information:
Dutch Plantin Coir India Pvt Ltd
Tel: +31 610 569 218
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-09-18 2023 Canadian harvest of horticultural peat moss as of August 31
- 2023-09-14 "Semi-substrate growing ensures rapid and uniform establishment immediately after planting"
- 2023-08-11 “Quality is the start and end point because it allows us to establish a price”
- 2023-08-10 New coco substrate uses the entire husk
- 2023-08-09 “Ideal solution for growers to transition from the soil to pots or substrate slabs”
- 2023-07-13 Growcoon awarded with the OK Compost Home certificate
- 2023-07-12 “Helping growers overcome growing media challenges”
- 2023-07-10 New growing medium solutions presented at Cultivate'23
- 2023-06-29 UK: New investment in peat in fight against climate change
- 2023-06-19 "Our sector is making a big contribution to making society more sustainable"
- 2023-06-08 Stephan Schmidt Group takes over customer base of clay segment from Griendstveen
- 2023-06-07 Hydrogel-based substrate shows promising results
- 2023-06-07 "Gardening world realizes the importance of treading lightly on Mother Earth's soil"
- 2023-05-24 Philippines: Development of coco coir to stop coconut farming waste
- 2023-05-17 Sustainable growing media for CEA
- 2023-05-12 Buffered coco coir achieves OMRI listing
- 2023-05-02 “Substrate enriched with organic compost offers powerful nutritional benefits to growers”
- 2023-05-01 "Our buffered cocopeat is widely used in the market"
- 2023-04-21 Constant supply of wood fibers, another step on the road to peat-free substrates
- 2023-04-03 “The horticultural sector is heading towards peat-free potting soil”