- Senior Agronomist/Horticulturist and Agronomy/Horticulture Manager
- Growers & Assistant Growers
- Plant Biologist
- Ripening Officer Bananas / Exotics
- Grower and Nurser
- Farm Manager
- Floriculture Production Planning Manager
- Agricultural Mechanic / Crop Sprayer Operator
- Technical Services Manager
- Quality Controller
Top 5 -yesterday
- "A generational change is going on in Italy's horti sector"
- Schartner's mall-size greenhouse in Exeter still on hold after judge's ruling
- Strawberry picking robots aim to save California growers
- Monitoring thrips with image technology unique, benificial insects soon to be counted digitally
- Brazil: $1 mln investment in wasabi greenhouse production
Top 5 -last week
- Top tips for growing lettuce in a greenhouse
- UK: Grower reduces greenhouse temperature by more than 6°C during heatwave with no cooling, fog systems
- Taking the wisdom from indoor farming and bringing it into greenhouses
- New packaging for hydroponic fertilizer launched
- "Kawaguchi tomato variety good option for consumer, but also good for the grower"
Top 5 -last month
US (WV): School awarded grant for greenhouse project
The grant will help the program expand to include high tunnel technology, canning with the school's pro-start culinary program, crop tracking and growth, and bridge engagement in the Farm to School program.
"Some form of the produce that have been served to our students here at Tucker County High School has come from students either grown here at the greenhouse or at their homes via plants that were started here at the greenhouse. The kids are also going into the farmer's markets in the Parsons, Thomas, Davis area and selling their produce that they've grown, and its all stimulated by these projects," Eakle said.
Students who wrote the grant said the greenhouse project couldn't continue its success without funding, and are making sure people stay up to date with its progress.
"A lot of people don't have the time, the place to grow their own stuff so its going to help with the high tunnel and its going to be in all the classrooms," said Corey Kelley, a grant writer.
"The blog, I going to update it once a month, and I'm going to tell everything we're doing, what we're using the money for, and they'll be pictures," said Mikayla Long, a grant writer.
"In two short years, It's been really amazing to watch the process grow. We've went from to having just a green house to now hopefully we'll get our research classroom up which will have our kids do some more work," Eakle said.
The high tunnel should be covered in the next couple of weeks, and that could extend the growing season by a month. The classroom building should be completed next spring.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-08-15 "We hope this project will inspire the next generation of growers"
- 2022-08-15 Schartner's mall-size greenhouse in Exeter still on hold after judge's ruling
- 2022-08-15 Georgia: Minister Shamugia vistis greenhouse created through state co-financing
- 2022-08-11 Canadian grower adds space to indoor strawberry farm
- 2022-08-09 CAN (OB): Ever Tru Farms launches 15-acre expansion
- 2022-07-22 US: architect develops greenhouse for his Boston neighborhood
- 2022-07-22 Australian HFF inducts two life members with an incredible story of greenhouse construction in Mongolia
- 2022-07-21 China: Smart greenhouses boost yields
- 2022-07-21 A schoolgirl from Kazakhstan has developed a "smart" greenhouse
- 2022-07-21 Australia: Tomatoes and jobs to grow in Tatura
- 2022-07-13 California open field grower expands into hydroponic lettuces
- 2022-07-11 Iowa family farm sees success with tunnel greenhouses
- 2022-07-07 Evolving tomato cultivation in Ontario
- 2022-07-05 Oman: Jusoor Foundation to produce saplings and citrus plants in greenhouses
- 2022-07-05 Naturvillan is a self-sufficient, off-grid A-frame greenhouse home in Sweden
- 2022-06-30 US (ME): ‘Crew of octogenarians’ builds greenhouse in Lewiston yard
- 2022-06-30 CAN: Abegweit First Nation invests in food security with new greenhouse
- 2022-06-30 Finnish propagator Sigg-Plant expands capacity with 40%
- 2022-06-29 Twentyfour-year-old Saudi farmer engineers a blooming desert
- 2022-06-29 Canada: Church greenhouse program supports migrant workers