- Head Grower Strawberries, Australia
- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Farm Manager Costa Rica
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
- International Citrus Account Manager
Portable ethylene sensor measures fruit ripeness from “Stem-to-Sale”
Ethylene-management is a major factor in controlling fruit handling and storage environments. Weighing only 2.43 kg, the F-900 promises “stem-to-sale” ethylene monitoring: “Because it is so portable and easy to use, growers can monitor ethylene at every stage of the fruit cycle, from harvest to warehousing, shipping, and even the end point-of-sale,” says Michael Larman of Felix Instruments. “It makes processing decisions far more accurate, it’s non-destructive, and is simple enough for anyone to use.”
Controlling the “stem-to-sale” process provides the control needed to present customers with an ideally fresh product. “It’s no secret that a reliable product is the holy grail for fruit producers. It’s especially crucial to succeeding in the premium-branded fruit market,” says Leonard Felix, President of CID, Bio-Science. Establishing and maintaining a credible fruit brand such as Cuties™ clementines or Zespri Gold™ kiwis hinges on being able to control every point of the production and delivery process to provide a reliable product. Measuring ethylene makes it possible for precise ripeness control through every stage of fruit handling.
The F-900 is especially useful for managing the shipping process. The F-900 automatically measures ethylene output during shipping and storage for months if needed, replacing guesswork with data for controlled atmospheres. With a resolution of 1 ppb (1 part per billion) for ethylene, the new F-900 was developed to meet the most exacting laboratory conditions. Testing in U.S. crop development programs has ranged from monitoring sweet potato cultivars to developing mango harvest protocols.
The F-900 Portable Ethylene Gas Analyzer is a welcome development in precision fruit management, offering growers the chance to bring lab-quality precision to their production processes for an affordable price. The F-900 is manufactured by Felix Instruments, a newly formed subsidiary of CID Bio-Science, Inc., which has been providing research scientists with plant science tools since 1989: www.cid-inc.com.
Michael Larman, General Manager
1554 NE 3rd Avenue
Camas, WA 98607
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-09-26 Increase your vegetable consumption to lower your blood sugar
- 2023-09-25 New podcast series about the history of fresh produce
- 2023-09-25 “It is our goal to provide our products in all 50 states”
- 2023-09-18 Growers and chemist innovate with new and existing products
- 2023-09-14 New celery bites introduced
- 2023-09-11 New compostable pot available to North American growers
- 2023-09-07 New salad kits and salad blends will debut at Southern Innovations
- 2023-09-06 Focus on reliability, longer lifetime, reusability, and flexibility
- 2023-09-01 New line of fresh-cut herbs under Vitalicious BIO-Organic label
- 2023-08-29 The nutritional marvel of microgreens
- 2023-08-28 Now, tomatoes can also be worn
- 2023-08-22 "New broad spectrum bioinsecticide back by popular demand"
- 2023-08-21 A nickel-free tomato that meets the needs of allergy sufferers
- 2023-08-09 A plastic film with maximum brightness, thermal efficiency and diffusion
- 2023-08-07 UK: GrowUp Farms launches first range of vertically ready-to-eat salads into Tesco
- 2023-07-20 Can spicy ice cream be dangerous?
- 2023-07-11 Some burgers will be served without tomatoes as crop shortage hits India
- 2023-07-07 Organic and fresh-cut vegetables on display
- 2023-07-04 Water cleanser product to be on display at Cultivate '23
- 2023-06-30 "Everyone loves Honing tomatoes, especially as a snack vegetable"