- Head Grower Strawberries, Australia
- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Farm Manager Costa Rica
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
- International Citrus Account Manager
Canada: Ontario greenhouse operation fined $23K after worker falls
The employee was actually standing in a wooden apple crate on the forklift at a height of about seven or eight feet when he fell Wed., May 4, 2011, the ministry said,
"When the elevated worker moved to the right side of the crate during his work task, the crate became unbalanced and fell off of the forks," the e-mail said.
Nanticoke Greenhouses Ltd. pleaded guilty in a Simcoe court on Sept. 19 to failing to take every precaution reasonable in the circumstances to protect the health and safety of a worker, the ministry said.
The court also imposed a 25% victim fine surcharge on the Highway 24 business. It is credited to a special provincial government fund to assist victims of crime.
A ministry of Labour Investigation found there was a suspended work platform available for use in the greenhouse at the time, but it was "routine habit" for workers to instead use the forklift and wooden apple crate.
The investigation also found the injured worker was not wearing any kind of fall prevention equipment and that the crate was not secured to the forklift.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-09-28 22-hectare greenhouse in Mongolia to be completed by the end of the year
- 2023-09-27 Providing a unique greenhouse experience and launch of new sweet pepper variety
- 2023-09-27 Foil greenhouse lets Belgian strawberry grower expand
- 2023-09-25 Greenhouse Cluster Development project is way in Georgia
- 2023-09-22 CAN: Horticultural center topped with roof informed by Fibonacci spirals
- 2023-09-21 Ukrainian farmers receive subsidies to develop the construction of gardens and greenhouses
- 2023-09-21 Greenhouse farming in the Mogilev region is switching to new technologies
- 2023-09-21 Far North grower forced to diversify crops due to strawberry shortage
- 2023-09-20 Lettuce industry Florida expands into new production systems
- 2023-09-20 Ukraine: Ivano-Frankivsk community are establishing a greenhouse farm
- 2023-09-20 Low- and mid-tech greenhouse constructions ready for assembly
- 2023-09-19 China: New glass greenhouse are under construction in Beijing
- 2023-09-18 Environmental association points out flaws in greenhouse expansion plan
- 2023-09-15 NL: Bejo's new plant nursery officially opened
- 2023-09-14 Philippines: Korean funded greenhouses set for turnover by November
- 2023-09-14 China: "This method saves 92 percent on water"
- 2023-09-14 US (NE): Greenhouse in the snow continues to flourish, adding international markets and commercial kits
- 2023-09-11 Guyana: Agriculture Minister Zulfikar Mustapha visits agricultural project AIEP
- 2023-09-11 US (NY): Work underway on $120M hydroponic lettuce farm in Lorena
- 2023-09-11 Philippines: BPI, Kopia launch vegetable project