- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Grower | Cannabis
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
- Sales Manager (Europe Division)
Eastern Canadian peat moss production down for 2013
In the Prairie Provinces (MB, SK & AB), Alberta has experienced a below average to well below average harvest level primarily due to adverse weather. However, this may be adjusted slightly due to favorable weather conditions the first part of September. Manitoba and Saskatchewan have experienced varied harvest weather conditions, however, an average level of production has been achieved in these provinces.
Further adjustments to this August 31st release might be made dependent on the ability to harvest in the fall season, particularly in Alberta. Additionally, it should be noted that industry had carryover inventory volumes from the previous harvest season. In Eastern Canada, these volumes will help offset the reduced harvest. In the West the carryover inventory was less. This will have a lesser positive impact on the overall supply.
As in the past, the Canadian Sphagnum Peat Moss Association (CSPMA) members, who represent 95 percent of the North American Peat Moss production, are committed to working cooperatively with their commercial business partners to ensure that supply equates demand year-in, year-out.
Source: Canadian Sphagnum Peat Moss Association
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-11-23 Germany is promoting peatland restoration as part of national climate strategy
- 2023-11-21 Botanicoir appoints new head of global sales
- 2023-11-16 "Growing in containers reduced our water usage drastically"
- 2023-11-10 "Expanding globally to answer the demand from the booming soft fruit industry"
- 2023-11-07 Facilitating a more consistent nitrogen release
- 2023-11-03 Model calculates mixtures with peat alternatives
- 2023-11-01 "Which growing media should I choose for my plants?"
- 2023-11-01 Using mats for growing microgreens and baby greens
- 2023-10-31 Key physical characteristics of growing media
- 2023-10-26 Singapore: Aquaponic grower settles on substrate to boost production
- 2023-10-13 Organic substrate slab ready for upscaling after successful testing
- 2023-09-29 "The growing medium contains chunk coir for structure and drainage"
- 2023-09-18 2023 Canadian harvest of horticultural peat moss as of August 31
- 2023-09-14 "Semi-substrate growing ensures rapid and uniform establishment immediately after planting"
- 2023-08-11 “Quality is the start and end point because it allows us to establish a price”
- 2023-08-10 New coco substrate uses the entire husk