- VP Growing Operations
- Head Grower Strawberries, Australia
- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Farm Manager Costa Rica
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
Ukraine: Price of fresh produce continues to rise dramatically
"The price rise leader remained onions, which price has increased by 15-17%. Its rise in price was due rather to psychological factors than the actual situation of supply and demand, as the harvesting of late varieties and hybrids of onion on professional farms has just begun," says Tatyana Getman. "We also note the increase in prices of potatoes, which has somewhat slowed by the end of the reporting period, as well as higher prices of greenhouse cucumbers," the expert continues.
Supply reduction of watermelons on the market has also led to an increase in wholesale prices for them and had a negative impact on consumption. Wholesale prices of apples rose slightly as apple cheaper varieties had been already sold. The only product of the fruit and vegetable basket the price of which dropped this week was cabbage. And it has remained the cheapest product among vegetables.
Source: АПК-Информ: овощи & фрукты
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-10-02 Namibian producers have increasing access to global markets
- 2023-10-02 COAG Almeria denounces zucchini and cucumber prices don't cover production costs
- 2023-10-02 US: Intellectual property protections for new crop varieties have increased
- 2023-10-02 Pests detected in melons and tomatoes from Uzbekistan
- 2023-10-02 Launch of PlantwisePlus in Bangladesh to help increase climate-smart approach to plant health and food security
- 2023-10-02 Organic US strawberries bring growers higher prices than conventional berries
- 2023-10-02 "In Morocco, they are eager for knowledge from the Netherlands"
- 2023-10-02 UK govt allocates £12.5 million to projects focused on green farming innovation
- 2023-09-29 Cucumber and zucchini prices are significantly lower than in the same period of last year
- 2023-09-28 CAN (ON): Affordable housing investment project of $61.4M includes aquaponic farm
- 2023-09-28 Peppers pricey for this time of year
- 2023-09-28 California border patrol officers arrest man smuggling cocaine in cucumber shipment
- 2023-09-28 GfK figures and trends on fruit and vegetable consumption in Germany presented by Ulrike Singer
- 2023-09-28 Green, even more green, will it be houses or greenhouses in Harmelerwaard?
- 2023-09-27 "Shoppers may pay 50% more for tomatoes if the US puts duties on Mexican tomatoes"
- 2023-09-27 Spanish zucchini exports decrease by 18%