- Senior Agronomist/Horticulturist and Agronomy/Horticulture Manager
- Growers & Assistant Growers
- Plant Biologist
- Ripening Officer Bananas / Exotics
- Grower and Nurser
- Farm Manager
- Floriculture Production Planning Manager
- Agricultural Mechanic / Crop Sprayer Operator
- Technical Services Manager
- Quality Controller
Top 5 -yesterday
- Yuksel Seeds expands its presence in China
- In eight years, Ranjit Singh has become one of New Zealand’s largest telegraph cucumber growers
- Berry farm cluster model from Panama to the globe
- Cloth washer thoroughly cleans shredded cloth during crop changes
- UK: £60m worth of food wasted due to lack of workers, NFU warned
Top 5 -last week
- Top tips for growing lettuce in a greenhouse
- UK: Grower reduces greenhouse temperature by more than 6°C during heatwave with no cooling, fog systems
- New packaging for hydroponic fertilizer launched
- Taking the wisdom from indoor farming and bringing it into greenhouses
- "Kawaguchi tomato variety good option for consumer, but also good for the grower"
Top 5 -last month
Spain: Ecoponiente's business in organic supplies is booming in Almeria
That there is a good market for organic and ecological horticultural supplies is confirmed when you walk in the fully packed warehouse of Ecoponiente. "Recently we installed new racks to store the products, we need more and more space", said vazques. Since the opening of the shop about one year ago, more growers know to find the horticultural supplier at Calle Montenegro in El Ejido, Almeria. "Since more people are coming to Ecoponiente, we also need more stock because we never want to disappoint our customers. This is also why we have extended our assortment. Innitially we started with sales of organic fertilizers and biological crop protection. Nowadays we also sell other general supplies like tomato twine, hooks, trellesing systems, gloves, greenhouse shading products, anti thrip netting and even transport carts."
Next to being a overall supplier of ecological fertilizers and crop protection, Ecoponiente is also a supplier of knowledge. "We want to inform growers in Almeria about all sorts of pests and the right solutions to fight them", said Vazquez. "This is also why we have installed a small lab in our store. This is equipped with a microscope and other tools to determine plant diseases and pests. Growers can bring their affected crop, we research it and later we can advise them wich products they can use to fix the problems. Off course we will never advise the conventional way, but we always will find a biological and organic solution for them."
According to Vazquez it is a sure thing that Ecoponiente's business will survive the crisis. "Right now it is a difficult situation in Spain, for everybody. Growers have difficult times just like their suppliers. However, the trend that more growers are luring towards organic production is even more stronger. This is a good thing, because in economically dificult times, the first thing you think about when you want to save money is buying cheap or bad fertilizers. It is a good thing that the growers in Almeria take responsibility and invest in a sustainable future. And we are proud to be part of that future."
For more information:
Ecoponiente - Suministros Agricolas
Juan Jose Vazquez Acien
T: +34 950 58 1666
C/ Montenegro 23
04710 El Ejido (Almeria)
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-08-17 How conveyor systems improve productivity, economics and space
- 2022-08-17 How to get the most from your labour management system
- 2022-08-16 Cloth washer thoroughly cleans shredded cloth during crop changes
- 2022-08-15 "A generational change is going on in Italy's horti sector"
- 2022-08-15 New traceability technology working group launches
- 2022-08-15 Comparison of supplemental LED top- and interlighting for year-round production of cherry tomato
- 2022-08-11 UF researchers find genes responsible for several flavor compounds in strawberries
- 2022-08-10 Taking the wisdom from indoor farming and bringing it into greenhouses
- 2022-08-08 A mission to discover greenhouse robots in Japan
- 2022-08-08 Low-cost smart meter ready for farmers and agricultural partners
- 2022-07-22 "By adding spray booms, our roof washer became a real 2-in-1-machine"
- 2022-07-22 What is the added value of Software-as-a-Service for growers?
- 2022-07-22 "Horto Professional makes vertical farming customizable"
- 2022-07-20 'Easy-to-use growth model' combines weight and light
- 2022-07-19 "North America is a strong growth market for automation solutions"
- 2022-07-15 "I don't believe in automating just to automate"
- 2022-07-13 Greenhouse software tool helps growers calculate light distribution of growing facility
- 2022-07-12 Fluence and HAS University partner to explore dynamic lighting strategies
- 2022-07-11 Monitoring growing conditions and tracking strawberries with IoT apps
- 2022-07-11 “Autonomous Growing is helping us to achieve more”