- Senior Grower UK
- Customer Support Executive
- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
Spain: Ecoponiente's business in organic supplies is booming in Almeria
That there is a good market for organic and ecological horticultural supplies is confirmed when you walk in the fully packed warehouse of Ecoponiente. "Recently we installed new racks to store the products, we need more and more space", said vazques. Since the opening of the shop about one year ago, more growers know to find the horticultural supplier at Calle Montenegro in El Ejido, Almeria. "Since more people are coming to Ecoponiente, we also need more stock because we never want to disappoint our customers. This is also why we have extended our assortment. Innitially we started with sales of organic fertilizers and biological crop protection. Nowadays we also sell other general supplies like tomato twine, hooks, trellesing systems, gloves, greenhouse shading products, anti thrip netting and even transport carts."
Next to being a overall supplier of ecological fertilizers and crop protection, Ecoponiente is also a supplier of knowledge. "We want to inform growers in Almeria about all sorts of pests and the right solutions to fight them", said Vazquez. "This is also why we have installed a small lab in our store. This is equipped with a microscope and other tools to determine plant diseases and pests. Growers can bring their affected crop, we research it and later we can advise them wich products they can use to fix the problems. Off course we will never advise the conventional way, but we always will find a biological and organic solution for them."
According to Vazquez it is a sure thing that Ecoponiente's business will survive the crisis. "Right now it is a difficult situation in Spain, for everybody. Growers have difficult times just like their suppliers. However, the trend that more growers are luring towards organic production is even more stronger. This is a good thing, because in economically dificult times, the first thing you think about when you want to save money is buying cheap or bad fertilizers. It is a good thing that the growers in Almeria take responsibility and invest in a sustainable future. And we are proud to be part of that future."
For more information:
Ecoponiente - Suministros Agricolas
Juan Jose Vazquez Acien
T: +34 950 58 1666
C/ Montenegro 23
04710 El Ejido (Almeria)
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-12-06 Urban agriculture can promote sustainability and community well-being
- 2023-12-06 Climate Incidents feature to combat powdery mildew
- 2023-12-06 New machine automates weighing and banding
- 2023-12-06 US (MA): Local Farmers tackle nutritional deficiency in their crops due to climate change
- 2023-12-06 Michigan State University horticultural lighting workshop
- 2023-12-05 "Hermetic screens offer more energy saving"
- 2023-12-05 Hydrogen-oxygen technology proves to be highly scalable for greenhouse horticulture
- 2023-12-05 "Thanks to a new development, we can produce almost 100 clip nets per minute"
- 2023-12-04 AI-based inventory management software that “maximizes margins and minimizes losses”
- 2023-12-01 AI helps predict strawberry harvest
- 2023-11-30 AI in horticulture theme for 'Future Trends & Innovations'
- 2023-11-29 How AI could power the climate breakthrough the world needs
- 2023-11-29 Bluelab unveils controller upgrade
- 2023-11-29 Plug & Play ready-to-use vertical farm solution with air distribution
- 2023-11-29 "The auction model is one that truly works in Almeria"
- 2023-11-28 Canada: Vertical integration allows to have a farm set up on-site within 3-6 weeks