Top 5 -yesterday
- UK: Grower reduces greenhouse temperature by more than 6°C during heatwave with no cooling, fog systems
- Understanding the profitability of your greenhouse
- Agave: The new drought-tolerant California crop?
- Patromex and DIDIHU partnership invests in modern plant for value-added coconut substrates
- US: Larry Ellison is feeding Hawaii from his high-tech hydroponic farm on Lanai
Top 5 -last month
- Vertical farming technologies tool in researching and fighting diseases
- German retailer Kaufland and horti-family Reichenspurner open new greenhouse
- "Water is the new gold"
- Growing strawberries from seeds becoming increasingly popular
- Higher productivity and earliness are the story behind these pink greenhouses
Canada: Hero Certified Burgers selects Ontario greenhouse Tomatoes
Working in partnership with OGVG, Hero Certified Burgers embarked on a process to source an Ontario greenhouse tomato that could meet their needs. Selecting the tomato of choice to top their burgers was based on taste, quality, year round availability, performance and food safety.
“OGVG has been pleased to be part of this process with Hero Certified Burgers and we look forward to working with other foodservice partners in the future,” said Don Taylor, Chair of the Board of OGVG. “In a competitive market, these new partnerships that expand and support our produce in the foodservice marketplace will help sustain Ontario agriculture and our Ontario greenhouse vegetable farmers.”
To find out more about this fresh and local Hero Certified Burgers offering visit www.heroburgers.com.
This initiative was a case study within an OGVG foodservice project. Investment in this project has been provided by Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada through the Canadian Agricultural Adaptation Program (CAAP). In Ontario, this program is delivered by the Agricultural Adaptation Council.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-08-12 "Every time we can anticipate, we win"
- 2022-08-12 “It is like a marathon run, and we want to finish first!”
- 2022-08-12 Patromex and DIDIHU partnership invests in modern plant for value-added coconut substrates
- 2022-08-12 UAE’s Pure Harvest considers a number of debt structures to expand to Asia
- 2022-08-12 USDA grants $100,000 to Lee County School District for farm-to-school projects
- 2022-08-12 Corteva Agriscience has filed a lawsuit against Bayer and Monsanto
- 2022-08-12 UK: Grower reduces greenhouse temperature by more than 6°C during heatwave with no cooling, fog systems
- 2022-08-12 US (NY): New vertical farm opened to create fungi-based bacon
- 2022-08-12 Russia to ban some imports of seeds from Europe and Canada
- 2022-08-12 New back-to-school snacks hit the market
- 2022-08-11 "Production volume of Chinese strawberry tomatoes grew by 20%-30% this year"
- 2022-08-11 US (CA): Davis greenhouse grows lettuce using minimal water
- 2022-08-11 Nair elected VP of Extension with American Society for Horticultural Science
- 2022-08-11 Oregon high school to get ARPA funds for a greenhouse project
- 2022-08-11 Certis Belchim acquires assets of New Zealand-Based Henry Manufacturing
- 2022-08-10 Western Growers mourns the passing of Hank Giclas
- 2022-08-10 India: Yara Growth invests $50M in ag-fintech company
- 2022-08-10 All Florida pesticide exams now available online
- 2022-08-10 Call for research needs in aquaponics
- 2022-08-10 Greenhouse grower purchases 75-acre greenhouse in Jalisco, Mexico