- VP Growing Operations
- Head Grower Strawberries, Australia
- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Farm Manager Costa Rica
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
South Africa: Call for papers requested for Undercover Farming Conference 2014
The Undercover Farming Conference, held concurrently with the Undercover Farming Expo, is aimed at growing the industry for producing fruit, flowers, seedlings and vegetables under protective cover. The event was launched in 2012 as an initiative of the magazine UNDERCOVER FARMING and creates a platform where suppliers, producers and buyers can meet to discuss trends, challenges and ideas.
Johan Swiegers, organiser of the event, says the Conference offers delegates the opportunity to keep up-to-date with the latest developments in the industry. “We therefore invite industry members who have innovative products or make use of new cutting edge methods to present at the Conference. The programme will consist of 20 minute slots for presentations and, from the list of suggestions received, a final programme will be compiled and speakers will be invited to share the Conference platform.”
Parallel sessions will be presented during the Conference - a scientific session and an entry level (basic) session in association with the Gauteng Department of Agriculture and Rural Development. Potential speakers are therefore requested to indicate which session is preferred. A first at the Undercover Farming Expo 2014 will be an International Day on 6 March, where counterparts from other parts of the world will share their successes and challenges with delegates. This will provide a dynamic and interactive learning experience for delegates.
Those interested in participating in this Conference should submit a brief description of the topic (about 500 words) and the suggested speaker before 31 October 2013. Speakers selected by the adjudication panel will be notified in writing by 15 November 2013.
Contact the Undercover Farming Conference Organiser, Hanlie Delport, for submissions or enquiries on 082 908 2295 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-10-02 Nigeria: Empowering youths for self-sufficiency through horticulture
- 2023-10-02 10 days to go until the Vertical Farming World Congress
- 2023-09-29 Idaho man breaks personal record for catching grapes while juggling
- 2023-09-29 US: "Growers faced a 14% increase in wage rates"
- 2023-09-29 Seed meets Technology visitors 'ready to buy'
- 2023-09-29 Let's get ready for the VertiFarm photo report
- 2023-09-28 US: UF economist to take questions about losses to agriculture industry due to Hurricane Idalia
- 2023-09-28 New Covent Garden Market showing support for British growers
- 2023-09-28 Growers, suppliers, and researchers converge at Vertifarm show
- 2023-09-28 Operators from all over the world to discuss berries
- 2023-09-27 What's happening on the second day of VertiFarm?
- 2023-09-27 25 years of Horti-Consult International: "We're not doing too badly here"
- 2023-09-26 Training on microgreen farming
- 2023-09-26 US (VA): Alliances and innovation headline 2nd annual edition of CEA Summit East in Virginia
- 2023-09-26 LeafSpec named finalist for round five of $3 Million Grow-NY Global Food and Agriculture Business Competition
- 2023-09-25 How to master your hygiene protocols