Top 5 -yesterday
- UK: Grower reduces greenhouse temperature by more than 6°C during heatwave with no cooling, fog systems
- Understanding the profitability of your greenhouse
- Agave: The new drought-tolerant California crop?
- Patromex and DIDIHU partnership invests in modern plant for value-added coconut substrates
- US: Larry Ellison is feeding Hawaii from his high-tech hydroponic farm on Lanai
Top 5 -last month
- Vertical farming technologies tool in researching and fighting diseases
- German retailer Kaufland and horti-family Reichenspurner open new greenhouse
- "Water is the new gold"
- Growing strawberries from seeds becoming increasingly popular
- Higher productivity and earliness are the story behind these pink greenhouses
South Africa: Call for papers requested for Undercover Farming Conference 2014
The Undercover Farming Conference, held concurrently with the Undercover Farming Expo, is aimed at growing the industry for producing fruit, flowers, seedlings and vegetables under protective cover. The event was launched in 2012 as an initiative of the magazine UNDERCOVER FARMING and creates a platform where suppliers, producers and buyers can meet to discuss trends, challenges and ideas.
Johan Swiegers, organiser of the event, says the Conference offers delegates the opportunity to keep up-to-date with the latest developments in the industry. “We therefore invite industry members who have innovative products or make use of new cutting edge methods to present at the Conference. The programme will consist of 20 minute slots for presentations and, from the list of suggestions received, a final programme will be compiled and speakers will be invited to share the Conference platform.”
Parallel sessions will be presented during the Conference - a scientific session and an entry level (basic) session in association with the Gauteng Department of Agriculture and Rural Development. Potential speakers are therefore requested to indicate which session is preferred. A first at the Undercover Farming Expo 2014 will be an International Day on 6 March, where counterparts from other parts of the world will share their successes and challenges with delegates. This will provide a dynamic and interactive learning experience for delegates.
Those interested in participating in this Conference should submit a brief description of the topic (about 500 words) and the suggested speaker before 31 October 2013. Speakers selected by the adjudication panel will be notified in writing by 15 November 2013.
Contact the Undercover Farming Conference Organiser, Hanlie Delport, for submissions or enquiries on 082 908 2295 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-08-11 University of Florida greenhouse training online courses
- 2022-08-10 Deep diving into the metabolics of aquaponics
- 2022-08-10 Seed meets Technology in the starting blocks for the eighth time
- 2022-08-10 14th annual AMHPAC convention, a chance to firm up pending business
- 2022-08-09 Introducing the CEA Summit East
- 2022-08-09 GLOBALG.A.P. explores key industry trends at Sustainable Foods Summit
- 2022-08-09 Foodservice conference 2022: the buyers’ perspectives
- 2022-08-09 "The scientific and commercial strawberry worlds will converge in Belgium"
- 2022-08-08 2022 China Seed Congress and Nanfan Agricultural Silicon Valley forum held in Hainan
- 2022-08-08 Horti light event to discover the latest science of grow lights
- 2022-07-22 Horticulture lighting and learning event: discover the latest science
- 2022-07-22 Photo report: Cultivate 2022
- 2022-07-21 International students visit JD hydroponic plant factory
- 2022-07-21 A Portuguese technology and AI startup for berries and greenhouses wins the Green Disruption Summit 2022
- 2022-07-20 "Hungarian tomato industry has strongly transformed and improved"
- 2022-07-20 Cultivate’22 is a wrap
- 2022-07-19 Final hours of Cultivate get going
- 2022-07-18 Organic Produce Summit saw record attendance
- 2022-07-18 Busy start at Cultivate’22
- 2022-07-15 Photo Report: Hydroponic Farmers Federation Conference 2022