- VP Growing Operations
- Head Grower Strawberries, Australia
- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Farm Manager Costa Rica
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
Karuturi flower farm directors skip meeting:
Kenya: Over 3,000 workers living without electricity and water
Kenya Plantation and Agricultural Workers Union Naivasha branch secretary Ferdinand Juma the secretary said the directors pulled out of the meeting without giving an explanation. Juma said they were to talk to the workers about the financial crisis in the flower farm that produces one million roses per day.
Footage of the workers strike earlier in August
“The directors were around at the weekend and we were surprised when a meeting called to address the pending issues was called off at the last minute,” he said. He said the workers' August salary is a major concern as the farm had just cleared paying the July wages.
“All is not well in the farm as electricity and water have been disconnected and the owners are not coming clean on what is going on,” he said. He said that the move to disconnect power has affected operations in Karuturi hospital which serves over 25,000 people per month.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-10-02 UK: Addressing knowledge gaps and enhancing the efficiency of aquaponic systems
- 2023-10-02 Jordan: NARC intensifying research efforts to increase agricultural production
- 2023-10-02 US (NY): Micro enterprise grant to help aquaponics
- 2023-10-02 AU: Grower brings family tradition into greenhouse cultivation
- 2023-09-29 New Delhi farmer turns to hydroponics, educates others nowadays
- 2023-09-29 Malaysia: Vanilla farm based on aquaponics, open for tours
- 2023-09-28 UAE: Emirati farmer who grows 4,000 pineapples annually says farming in the desert is easy
- 2023-09-27 Tide to table: growing salmon and leafy greens in America's Dairyland
- 2023-09-27 Maharashtra farmer feeds his entire tomato crop to his cows
- 2023-09-26 US (CO): Harvest season is in full swing in Southern Colorado
- 2023-09-26 6 years after Hurricane Maria, Puerto Rico residents and farms take recovery into their own hands
- 2023-09-26 First boxes of microgreens delivered to customers in Northern Norway
- 2023-09-21 US (MA): Lancaster refugee farm destroyed by flooding
- 2023-09-21 “Smaller growers are very, very isolated"
- 2023-09-19 Pure Harvest eyes further growth with $150m strategic Richel Group Partnership
- 2023-09-18 Spain: Japanese strawberry variety allows better market entry and brand growth