- Head Grower Strawberries, Australia
- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Farm Manager Costa Rica
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
- International Citrus Account Manager
Pangnirtung Greenhouse Corporation on FundRazr.com
Canada: Plans for two geodesic greenhouse domes in Pangnirtung
“I just think the price of food up there is crazy,” Lawlor said. “Like with the freight charges, mark-ups and everything. All the fresh foods have to be flown in.” The 28-year-old former Nunavut resident said he became familiar with the high price of food as an associate manager with the North West Co. in Pangnirtung.
“Their mark-up practices were absolutely extreme,” he laughed. “So I think this project would be beneficial to the community, because it would provide them with more nutritional value for their diet.”
Lawlor’s plan calls for the construction of two geodesic greenhouse domes. Each is a spherical structure that would measure 42 feet in diameter, and house a 2,500 square-foot garden.
Costs to start up the project amount to $29,000, he said, which includes construction materials, shipping costs, construction costs, supplies and manpower.
Click here to learn more
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-09-27 Maharashtra farmer feeds his entire tomato crop to his cows
- 2023-09-27 Tide to table: growing salmon and leafy greens in America's Dairyland
- 2023-09-26 US (CO): Harvest season is in full swing in Southern Colorado
- 2023-09-26 6 years after Hurricane Maria, Puerto Rico residents and farms take recovery into their own hands
- 2023-09-26 First boxes of microgreens delivered to customers in Northern Norway
- 2023-09-21 US (MA): Lancaster refugee farm destroyed by flooding
- 2023-09-21 “Smaller growers are very, very isolated"
- 2023-09-19 Pure Harvest eyes further growth with $150m strategic Richel Group Partnership
- 2023-09-18 Spain: Japanese strawberry variety allows better market entry and brand growth
- 2023-09-18 Denmark: Nordic Greens opens automonous greenhouse
- 2023-09-18 US (OH): “There is really no prescription for this type of farming. We're still figuring out how to make it better"
- 2023-09-14 US (NY): Taking on the Eastcoast in phased expansion, raising another $10 million
- 2023-09-12 US (FL): Greenhouse, classrooms grow on John Rivers’ Packing District farm
- 2023-09-11 US (OR): Immigrant farmers grow hard-to-find pantry staples
- 2023-09-11 "Sales have been at constant levels since the middle of July"
- 2023-09-07 US (UT): Greenhouse farm cultivates community through hydroponics
- 2023-09-06 Kenya: Kirinyaga government supports tomato growers in building horti infrastructure
- 2023-09-05 “We harvest and we seed everyday, but we still do it with about 12 folks"
- 2023-09-05 India: Deputy Chief Minister visited hydroponic farm
- 2023-09-05 US (RI): Flower grower prepares its transition from wedding venue to food production