- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Operations Accountant
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
- What is the status of tomato brown rugose fruit virus in Europe?
- “Our ToBRFV-resistant variety has been preferred by our producers in wide areas since 2020"
- 2022 Year Overview: 10 stories on greenhouse expansion
- "Greek producers, who also purchase their plants from Spanish nurseries, have reported the same quality issue in strawberry plants as Spanish producers"
- New horticultural lighting technical requirements launched
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Zambia: "We produce 5,000 units of lettuce per week, per tunnel, year-round"
- UK growers stop planting and put nurseries on sale amidst energy crisis and labor shortage
- "You can't grow on water without lights"
- "High-tech farmer AppHarvest is running out of money"
- German family company switches from tomato cultivation to hydroponic lettuce
US: Succesful field trial with fertilizer based on organics recycled by supermarkets
Diedrich has been a market leader in applying tomato crop and soil technology. Their “Grower Standard” case in the Field Trial reached an extraordinary crop yield of 74.2 tons per acre. This compares with the California State average of 47 tons per acre. Diedrich agreed to reduce their use of conventional fertilizers, and apply Harvest-to-Harvest in the Field Trial with CSS, saving money in the process. This case yielded 83.4 tons per acre (a 12.4% increase over the Grower Standard), and also scored very well in color, brix and solids, three key value measures for tomato farmers.
Dan Morash, Founder of CSS, said, “Our goal has been to improve sustainability metrics, like increased organics recycling rates, improved food safety, reduced greenhouse gas emissions, increased soil organic matter content, and improved water utilization and quality. It’s important to show that good organics can increase crop yields for commercial farmers – a “win-win” for farmers and the environment.”
Todd Diedrich, Owner of Diedrich Farms, said, “We work hard to be good stewards of our land, to use sustainable growing practices for the long term. We’re committed to being a leader in applying science-based solutions to our farming challenges. We expect our collaboration with CSS to help us stay at the cutting edge of agricultural science, to produce market leading results for our own farm, and for the farms of others that we manage.”
For more information:
California Safe Soil, LLC
Dan Morash, Founder
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-11-29 RaboResearch: After two turbulent years, fertilizer markets may start to settle in 2023
- 2022-11-25 Vietnam: Agricultural sector aims to increase use of organic fertilizer
- 2022-11-22 UK: Trafalgar Property moves into hydroponics
- 2022-11-18 "First shipment of Russian fertilizer marks breakthrough in global supply crunch"
- 2022-11-15 EU measures to ensure fertiliser supply, lower costs
- 2022-10-28 Israeli formula developed to grow tomatoes in drought
- 2022-10-17 New sustainable fertilizer production research collaboration underway
- 2022-10-10 Fertilizers and artificial fertilizer replacements from organic waste products
- 2022-09-30 Nouryon to acquire ADOB Fertilizers
- 2022-09-20 Optimum rate and deep placement of nitrogen fertilizer improves tomato yield in Nepal
- 2022-09-16 Improving plant growth, productivity, and stress management through seaweed-based biostimulants
- 2022-09-14 The same yield with less water and fewer fertilizers
- 2022-08-31 “The impact of regenerating soil with microbes from food waste is massive”
- 2022-08-29 Incitec Pivot Fertilisers acquires Yara Nipro liquid fertilizer business
- 2022-08-29 "Plans to cut fertilizer emissions will not threaten food security"
- 2022-08-22 Alfalfa could be the magic fertilizer needed to grow vegetables on Mars
- 2022-08-11 New packaging for hydroponic fertilizer launched
- 2022-08-11 CAN: Fertilizer sanctions expected to continue into 2023 crop year
- 2022-07-20 Better fertigation with ion-specific measurements
- 2022-07-18 Verano365 readies organic wetting agent