Top 5 -yesterday
- "Kawaguchi tomato variety good option for consumer, but also good for the grower"
- Canadian grower adds space to indoor strawberry farm
- Unprecedented challenges ahead for the Fresh Herbs Industry
- More demand for pepper washers due to aphids
- "Production volume of Chinese strawberry tomatoes grew by 20%-30% this year"
Top 5 -last month
Farmers Market Heroes: Holly and James Hammond:
"US (VA): "75% of our income comes from farmers’ market sales"
Full-time job is an understatement. In order to bring the highest quality food to their customers while remaining dedicated stewards of the land, the Hammonds use compost, hay mulch, crop rotation and cover crops to maintain healthy soil and plants. They ward off insects by using raw covers, and control weeds by hand-weeding, cultivation, and experimenting with under-sown living mulch. Fridays are for harvesting and loading their vegetables, herbs, and flowers, and Saturday’s 4:00am wake up call allows them time to set up for markets in Culpepper and Charlottesville, Virginia. “We feel energized by the support of our customers who value our work in providing them organically-grown produce.”
See more at: http://farmersmarketcoalition.org/farmers-market-heroes-holly-and-james-hammond-bring-organic-diversified-crops-to-virginia-markets#sthash.pp7uEbLv.dpuf
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-08-11 Central Alberta farmers hit by hailstorm ask for fruit and vegetable crop insurance
- 2022-08-11 James, Jack and the 13 feet cucumber plant
- 2022-08-10 UK: "Now into its 16th season, this site is still extremely efficient"
- 2022-08-09 How Singapore is turning multi-story car parks into farms
- 2022-08-09 Italy: New 2 hectare project makes products available all year round
- 2022-08-09 Dutch Berries: 20 hectares of high-tech strawberry cultivation
- 2022-08-08 Japanese strawberry grower increases production thanks to hanging kit
- 2022-08-08 IE: Boyne Valley community greenhouses helping to feed the hungry
- 2022-08-08 NZ: Downsizing crops, but passion for tomatoes remains strong
- 2022-07-22 Belgium: "In comparison to last year, we’ve doubled production, as well as our revenue"
- 2022-07-22 China: New demand for leafy vegetables brings opportunity to the industry
- 2022-07-21 China: Looking into a 73 hectare greenhouse park
- 2022-07-19 How plants are cooling greenhouses during the heatwave
- 2022-07-14 US (NY): Food trends are driving the demand for specialty mushrooms
- 2022-07-12 German retailer Kaufland and horti-family Reichenspurner open new greenhouse
- 2022-07-11 "New farms start operating by the end of the year"
- 2022-07-07 "Once you have fought temperatures above 35°C for strawberries, leafy greens aren't very daunting"
- 2022-07-05 Founder of Fairtrasa opens up during podcast about being kidnapped by Mexican gangsters
- 2022-06-29 Cock van Overbeek passed away
- 2022-06-20 Improve greenhouse management efficiency to counter lack of labor