- Head Grower Strawberries, Australia
- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Farm Manager Costa Rica
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
- International Citrus Account Manager
US (CO): Cargill greenhouse expansion under way
Plans filed with the city of Fort Collins indicate that a total of six greenhouses eventually could be built on the space adjacent to Cargill’s existing facility, which serves as a research and development center for the company’s Clear Valley canola oils, according to its website.
Cargill had fewer than 50 employees in 2012, but was listed as one of Fort Collins’ top five bioscience employers by the city’s Bioscience Cluster. Internationally, Cargill employs 140,000 people.
One greenhouse is under construction, along with an attached space housing central temperature-control equipment, and a work and storage area.
The plans show an 11,232-square-foot greenhouse and a 4,368-square-foot temperature control and work room under construction along Drake Road east of Timberline Road. Cargill’s existing facility includes three greenhouses, a pavilion and three other buildings, according to the plans.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-09-26 "Our focus is on scaling up cost-effectively"
- 2023-09-26 Ridder celebrates 70 years
- 2023-09-25 Industry changemakers inspire business success
- 2023-09-25 Making sustainable choices in horticulture
- 2023-09-25 US (CA): Revamped USC Hotel Garden provides fresh produce to campus restaurants
- 2023-09-25 "We source our produce via Fresh Park Venlo, the Düsseldorf wholesale market, and directly from local farmers"
- 2023-09-22 USDA cites Florida company for PACA violations
- 2023-09-22 Royal Brinkman and Empas extend partnership
- 2023-09-22 US: Vertically farmed salads now available in vending machines
- 2023-09-22 "No one can compensate for the loss of fatherly advice"
- 2023-09-22 Developer of mobile data centers next to greenhouse declared bankrupt
- 2023-09-21 Pepper grower 4Evergreen seeks CO2 partner: "Not dependent on fickle market"
- 2023-09-21 Luc Vanoirbeek re-elected as Copa-Cogeca's fruit and vegetable working group chair
- 2023-09-21 AgSafe launches new suicide prevention program in support of B.C.’s agricultural community
- 2023-09-21 New film coating facility Brazil
- 2023-09-21 Bayer expands its fruits and vegetables business to strawberries
- 2023-09-20 Independent investment firm buys NatureSweet
- 2023-09-20 US (NY): BrightFarms inks agreement to distribute more indoor-grown spinach
- 2023-09-20 US (NJ): Edible Garden launches new distribution at Woodman’s Market
- 2023-09-20 France: Skincare using vertically farmed ingredients is patent-pending