- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Operations Accountant
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
- Coal and pink tomatoes: the challenges for Polish growers
- Healthy seeds, and good germination with Plasma Activated Water seed treatment
- J. Huete International builds high-tech greenhouse for seed research in South America
- NZ: Return of the watermelon
- Tropicalia Greenhouse in Northern France blends perfectly with surroundings
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Zambia: "We produce 5,000 units of lettuce per week, per tunnel, year-round"
- UK growers stop planting and put nurseries on sale amidst energy crisis and labor shortage
- Passive solar greenhouses: How Ladakh farmers are harvesting crops in winter
- "High-tech farmer AppHarvest is running out of money"
- German family company switches from tomato cultivation to hydroponic lettuce
Australian open field tomato grower doubles acreage
The farm is overseen by an Indigenous community association that is focused on providing opportunities to the local people of Katherine. It’s run as a commercial enterprise and failure is not an option.
The farm produces more than 300 tonnes of produce each year. From the field, the tomatoes embark on an exhaustive inspection process as the harvest is washed, graded, and boxed, ready to send to suppliers.
The farm distributes produce to more than 10 major supermarkets and there are plans for further expansion.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-03-18 NSW floods kill millions of bees
- 2022-01-04 Lettuce ice means higher January markets likely
- 2021-10-26 Mixed grower-shipper reactions to California’s recent rains
- 2021-09-06 "You can tell it's not from a hothouse'
- 2021-07-02 Harvest of California chili peppers has kicked off
- 2021-06-25 EU and US pass climate laws
- 2021-04-29 Cow afloat
- 2021-04-06 Egypt, Ethiopia & Sudan set for more dam talks
- 2021-02-25 State-of-the-art lab is MU effort to raise awareness of the university’s first Black teacher
- 2021-02-23 Musical tribute to the Westland region now also on online streaming services
- 2021-01-28 LED project highlights the beauty of agriculture
- 2021-01-18 Inventor of pipe rail system Jaap Zegwaard passed away
- 2020-12-17 "I don’t think many people can comprehend the carnage which is about to ensue"
- 2020-11-20 A Filipino student invents solar windows made from rotten vegetables
- 2020-11-12 Telling children that carrots help them see in the dark ‘can damage them in later life’
- 2020-11-06 How the US election outcome may influence and impact policy for the produce industry
- 2020-11-04 First charter flight of Pacific Island workers lands in central Queensland
- 2020-11-03 "Involvement starts with the right communication"
- 2020-10-23 Ontario growers notice longer tubers during harvesting
- 2020-10-16 Florida growers optimistic about fall/winter growing season