Top 5 -yesterday
- UK: Grower reduces greenhouse temperature by more than 6°C during heatwave with no cooling, fog systems
- Understanding the profitability of your greenhouse
- Patromex and DIDIHU partnership invests in modern plant for value-added coconut substrates
- Agave: The new drought-tolerant California crop?
- US: Larry Ellison is feeding Hawaii from his high-tech hydroponic farm on Lanai
Top 5 -last week
- Top tips for growing lettuce in a greenhouse
- Taking the wisdom from indoor farming and bringing it into greenhouses
- "Kawaguchi tomato variety good option for consumer, but also good for the grower"
- "We can now capture the whole value chain, from young plants to the consumer"
Top 5 -last month
next show scheduled for Aug. 21-23, 2014
US (OR): 2013 Farwest Trade Show sees increase in attendance
“I spent three days walking the aisles talking to exhibitors and attendees. The industry has turned an important corner,” said Jeff Stone, executive director of Oregon Association of Nurseries, the trade association responsible for producing the show. “All success indicators were up. Exhibitors were writing more orders on the show floor.
“We are pleased show attendance was up, but we are more concerned about getting the right buyers to the show. Exhibitors were telling me that they were happy with the quality of the show traffic and satisfied that exhibiting at the show was a good investment. That says to me that meeting face-to-face is still important and that trade shows still have an important role to play.”
“Everyone that I came across was in a much more positive frame of mind in terms of the show and the economy,” said Patrick Newton of Powell’s Nursery. “They were in a buying mood. For us, it was great. We wrote quite a few orders. The industry seems to be taking a turn in the right direction.”
The Oregon Association of Nurseries is already planning for next year’s Farwest Trade Show scheduled for Aug. 21-23, 2014. The Farwest Trade Show is produced by the Oregon Association of Nurseries. For more information about the 2013 Farwest Trade Show, visit www.FarwestShow.com.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-08-15 IFPA Southern Africa Conference to continue where PMA's Fresh Connections left off
- 2022-08-11 University of Florida greenhouse training online courses
- 2022-08-10 Deep diving into the metabolics of aquaponics
- 2022-08-10 Seed meets Technology in the starting blocks for the eighth time
- 2022-08-10 14th annual AMHPAC convention, a chance to firm up pending business
- 2022-08-09 Introducing the CEA Summit East
- 2022-08-09 GLOBALG.A.P. explores key industry trends at Sustainable Foods Summit
- 2022-08-09 Foodservice conference 2022: the buyers’ perspectives
- 2022-08-09 "The scientific and commercial strawberry worlds will converge in Belgium"
- 2022-08-08 2022 China Seed Congress and Nanfan Agricultural Silicon Valley forum held in Hainan
- 2022-08-08 Horti light event to discover the latest science of grow lights
- 2022-07-22 Horticulture lighting and learning event: discover the latest science
- 2022-07-22 Photo report: Cultivate 2022
- 2022-07-21 International students visit JD hydroponic plant factory
- 2022-07-21 A Portuguese technology and AI startup for berries and greenhouses wins the Green Disruption Summit 2022
- 2022-07-20 "Hungarian tomato industry has strongly transformed and improved"
- 2022-07-20 Cultivate’22 is a wrap
- 2022-07-19 Final hours of Cultivate get going
- 2022-07-18 Organic Produce Summit saw record attendance
- 2022-07-18 Busy start at Cultivate’22