- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Farm Manager Costa Rica
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
- International Citrus Account Manager
- Business Developer Water Storage - International technical horticulture
US: ANLA and OFA mail ballots for consolidation vote
The ballot question follows the final approval of the consolidation voted upon by the boards of OFA and ANLA at their meetings in July.
"Both boards hired legal and other expert counsel to review the consolidation of our two organizations," said ANLA President Bob Terry, owner of Fischer Farms in Oregon, in the release. "As leaders, we have spoken with our members and they truly believe that a new trade association, with the combined resources, membership, and staff of ANLA and OFA will best serve the future success of our industry." If approved by the members, a new organization will be formed to represent the whole of the plant industry, including breeders, greenhouse and nursery growers, garden center retailers, distributors, interior and exterior landscape professionals, florists, students, educators, researchers, manufacturers, and all of those who are part of the industry supply chain.
OFA President Mark Foertmeyer, owner of Foertmeyer & Sons Greenhouse in Ohio, said, "More than two years ago, we asked the question 'should we work together?' and the answer was 'yes.' The success of our partnership led us to say, 'dating has worked well, how about getting married?' The time has come to walk down the aisle together."
OFA past President Bobby Barnitz adds, "This decision is right for our industry, it is right for our members, and it is right for my business. I encourage OFA's members to vote 'yes' on the consolidation."
For more information about the proposed new horticulture industry trade association visit www.onevoiceoneindustry.com.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-09-22 "No one can compensate for the loss of fatherly advice"
- 2023-09-22 Developer of mobile data centers next to greenhouse declared bankrupt
- 2023-09-22 US: Vertically farmed salads now available in vending machines
- 2023-09-22 USDA cites Florida company for PACA violations
- 2023-09-22 Royal Brinkman and Empas extend partnership
- 2023-09-21 Pepper grower 4Evergreen seeks CO2 partner: "Not dependent on fickle market"
- 2023-09-21 Luc Vanoirbeek re-elected as Copa-Cogeca's fruit and vegetable working group chair
- 2023-09-21 AgSafe launches new suicide prevention program in support of B.C.’s agricultural community
- 2023-09-21 New film coating facility Brazil
- 2023-09-21 Bayer expands its fruits and vegetables business to strawberries
- 2023-09-20 Independent investment firm buys NatureSweet
- 2023-09-20 US (NY): BrightFarms inks agreement to distribute more indoor-grown spinach
- 2023-09-20 US (NJ): Edible Garden launches new distribution at Woodman’s Market
- 2023-09-20 France: Skincare using vertically farmed ingredients is patent-pending
- 2023-09-20 US (CO): Denver restaurant adds 280m2 farm to deliver fresh-to-table
- 2023-09-20 Open day at Van der Valk Systemen to mark 60th anniversary
- 2023-09-19 US private equity group Paine Schwartz Partners drops $139 mln from its offer for Costa Group
- 2023-09-19 HPNow closes €14M round
- 2023-09-19 US: Aerofarms exits from Chapter 11 and appoints new CEO
- 2023-09-19 UK: OneFarm to have filed NOI to save business from liquidation