- Senior Agronomist/Horticulturist and Agronomy/Horticulture Manager
- Growers & Assistant Growers
- Plant Biologist
- Ripening Officer Bananas / Exotics
- Grower and Nurser
- Farm Manager
- Floriculture Production Planning Manager
- Agricultural Mechanic / Crop Sprayer Operator
- Technical Services Manager
- Quality Controller
Top 5 -yesterday
- Yuksel Seeds expands its presence in China
- In eight years, Ranjit Singh has become one of New Zealand’s largest telegraph cucumber growers
- Berry farm cluster model from Panama to the globe
- Cloth washer thoroughly cleans shredded cloth during crop changes
- UK: £60m worth of food wasted due to lack of workers, NFU warned
Top 5 -last week
- Top tips for growing lettuce in a greenhouse
- UK: Grower reduces greenhouse temperature by more than 6°C during heatwave with no cooling, fog systems
- New packaging for hydroponic fertilizer launched
- Taking the wisdom from indoor farming and bringing it into greenhouses
- "Kawaguchi tomato variety good option for consumer, but also good for the grower"
Top 5 -last month
structure donated by Rimol:
US: Greenhouse project in Manchester, NH aims to aid shelter, kitchen, pantry
New Horizons for New Hampshire Inc. acquired an adjacent lot from the city with the agreement that they do something to improve it. They studied options, including expansion and renovation of their current building, but Director Charlie Sherman said those plans didn’t test well because of the economy. A combination of ideas came together, and he was approached by Rimol Greenhouse Systems, of Hooksett.
Rimol donated a building. Others in the city are teaming up to move the project along, with an end result being a place to grow vegetables for New Horizons clients, helping to offset a hefty $25,000-$30,000 yearly cost of veggies alone.
New Horizons is the state’s largest homeless shelter, soup kitchen and food pantry, according to Sherman. Every night, they feed 200-300 people. “For many, it’s the only real meal of their day,” Sherman said. They also provide temporary housing for 75-100 people each day at two facilities.
Sherman said the organization provides groceries for 900 families a month. He said it’s the only facility in the State that operates all three of those functions in essentially one location.
Part of that grocery package is vegetables. “We’re feeding 250 people each night, and every meal starts with a salad and vegetable. We’re buying all of that. We get a lot of that from Hannaford, but what we don’t get from them, we buy.”
Looking over the structure’s frame recently, Sherman said, “We’ll grow a tremendous amount of produce in this.”
The greenhouse usually costs $26,000 and will have a polycarbonate covering over its metal frame. The food grown inside will have its own obvious impact, but “the possibilities of what we can do with it are endless,” Sherman said.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-08-17 Organic bell pepper program expands into summer
- 2022-08-17 Construction progresses at High Life Highland's Inverness Botanic Garden
- 2022-08-15 "We hope this project will inspire the next generation of growers"
- 2022-08-15 Schartner's mall-size greenhouse in Exeter still on hold after judge's ruling
- 2022-08-15 Georgia: Minister Shamugia vistis greenhouse created through state co-financing
- 2022-08-11 Canadian grower adds space to indoor strawberry farm
- 2022-08-09 CAN (OB): Ever Tru Farms launches 15-acre expansion
- 2022-07-22 US: architect develops greenhouse for his Boston neighborhood
- 2022-07-22 Australian HFF inducts two life members with an incredible story of greenhouse construction in Mongolia
- 2022-07-21 China: Smart greenhouses boost yields
- 2022-07-21 A schoolgirl from Kazakhstan has developed a "smart" greenhouse
- 2022-07-21 Australia: Tomatoes and jobs to grow in Tatura
- 2022-07-13 California open field grower expands into hydroponic lettuces
- 2022-07-11 Iowa family farm sees success with tunnel greenhouses
- 2022-07-07 Evolving tomato cultivation in Ontario
- 2022-07-05 Oman: Jusoor Foundation to produce saplings and citrus plants in greenhouses
- 2022-07-05 Naturvillan is a self-sufficient, off-grid A-frame greenhouse home in Sweden
- 2022-06-30 US (ME): ‘Crew of octogenarians’ builds greenhouse in Lewiston yard
- 2022-06-30 CAN: Abegweit First Nation invests in food security with new greenhouse
- 2022-06-30 Finnish propagator Sigg-Plant expands capacity with 40%