- Senior Grower UK
- Customer Support Executive
- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
UK: Glendale Horticulture buys RA Meredith
Based in Saul, Gloucestershire, Merediths occupies seven sites throughout the Vale of Evesham and Gloucestershire and is one of the UK's leading growers of bedding plants, herbs and fruit and vegetable plants - production totals 13m plants a year. The acquisition secures the jobs of 106 employees at Merediths, which will continue to operate under its own name.
A subsidiary of Parkwood Holdings, Glendale Horticulture has owned Coblands Nurseries in Kent since 2005 and is part of the wider Glendale family of green services businesses, including Glendale Grounds Management, Glendale Countryside, Glendale Golf and Glendale Recycling.
Glendale Horticulture will acquire two freehold nursery sites with the stock and assets for an undisclosed sum, and a new board of directors will take responsibility for both Merediths' and Coblands' businesses.
The company says the deal will allow Glendale Horticulture to become a major force in the horticultural market, with forecast annual sales of £10m.
Andrew Bennett, the newly-appointed director of Glendale Horticulture and general manager of Merediths said: "We are extremely excited and positive about the future and the opportunities that Merediths Nurseries have going forward".
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-12-07 Agrospheres compelets expansion of $25M series B round
- 2023-12-07 Norway: New vertical farm to supply retailer with 110 tons of leafy greens yearly
- 2023-12-07 Jiashan Sino-Dutch Horticulture Innovation Center opened during the horticultural trade mission to China
- 2023-12-06 "60 percent of our production is sold via the Munich wholesale market"
- 2023-12-06 WPK getting acquired by three owners
- 2023-12-06 Construction of new Multivac production factory starts
- 2023-12-06 AdeptAg partners with Hoogendoorn
- 2023-12-06 Syngenta joins the Phytobiomes Alliance
- 2023-12-05 Jong Fruit celebrates 15th anniversary
- 2023-12-05 Glasmij celebrates 100 years of activity
- 2023-12-05 Astanor Ventures welcomes Thomas Nagy as Operational Partner
- 2023-12-05 New partnership to explore cultivation of proteins, novel food, and medicine
- 2023-12-04 "We must decide if we want an 'outsourcing' model in Morocco or to maintain a productive self-sufficiency"
- 2023-12-04 GreenV invests in Mexican market with GreenV Mexico
- 2023-12-01 Kurt Dramm inducted into The Green Industry Hall of Fame
- 2023-12-01 Jordan Minister checks on hydroponic project in Mujib district