- Senior Agronomist/Horticulturist and Agronomy/Horticulture Manager
- Growers & Assistant Growers
- Plant Biologist
- Ripening Officer Bananas / Exotics
- Grower and Nurser
- Farm Manager
- Floriculture Production Planning Manager
- Agricultural Mechanic / Crop Sprayer Operator
- Technical Services Manager
Top 5 -yesterday
- UV light signals program plants to unlock their genetic potential
- Redwire to develop first commercial space greenhouse
- Belarus: Plans to build unique greenhouse complex in Brest Oblast
- How do horticultural crops defend themselves against fungal pathogens?
- Plant molecular geneticists discover, and begin to crack, the epigenetic code
Top 5 -last week
- Top tips for growing lettuce in a greenhouse
- New packaging for hydroponic fertilizer launched
- UK: Grower reduces greenhouse temperature by more than 6°C during heatwave with no cooling, fog systems
- Taking the wisdom from indoor farming and bringing it into greenhouses
- "Kawaguchi tomato variety good option for consumer, but also good for the grower"
Top 5 -last month
UK: Glendale Horticulture buys RA Meredith
Based in Saul, Gloucestershire, Merediths occupies seven sites throughout the Vale of Evesham and Gloucestershire and is one of the UK's leading growers of bedding plants, herbs and fruit and vegetable plants - production totals 13m plants a year. The acquisition secures the jobs of 106 employees at Merediths, which will continue to operate under its own name.
A subsidiary of Parkwood Holdings, Glendale Horticulture has owned Coblands Nurseries in Kent since 2005 and is part of the wider Glendale family of green services businesses, including Glendale Grounds Management, Glendale Countryside, Glendale Golf and Glendale Recycling.
Glendale Horticulture will acquire two freehold nursery sites with the stock and assets for an undisclosed sum, and a new board of directors will take responsibility for both Merediths' and Coblands' businesses.
The company says the deal will allow Glendale Horticulture to become a major force in the horticultural market, with forecast annual sales of £10m.
Andrew Bennett, the newly-appointed director of Glendale Horticulture and general manager of Merediths said: "We are extremely excited and positive about the future and the opportunities that Merediths Nurseries have going forward".
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-08-18 First harvest in herb grower's new greenhouse
- 2022-08-18 How Berries Australia plans to expand export markets for future growth
- 2022-08-18 Hans van der Beek is the new advisor Gulf Region for Dutch Greenhouse Delta
- 2022-08-18 Comparing the 2 and 3 Stage NFT growing system
- 2022-08-18 "Our 2-in-1 plastic film can replace the sunshade net"
- 2022-08-18 Square Roots celebrates new indoor farm in Kenosha with Gordon Food Service
- 2022-08-17 USDA PACA sanctions three companies
- 2022-08-17 Griffin and IUNU partner up
- 2022-08-17 Wet weather fails to hold back SA Sultanas’ sustainability drive
- 2022-08-17 Rift Labs bags $1.7 million funding to expand operations
- 2022-08-17 98 foil tunnels for sale in Pingsheim
- 2022-08-17 Bayer launches sustainable agriculture platform focused on collaboration
- 2022-08-17 The SF Market announces election of new board members
- 2022-08-17 "Modern tomato breeding will consider flavor and taste more"
- 2022-08-17 Tree Defender awarded fourth US patent
- 2022-08-17 "I see a great sense of pride when people make their own passata with the San Marzano"
- 2022-08-17 NZ: New owners bring energy as grower exits
- 2022-08-16 Yuksel Seeds expands its presence in China
- 2022-08-16 Biobest Southwest sales team integrated with Beneficial Insectary in Western USA
- 2022-08-16 500,000 square meters of screen en route to Wittenberg Gemüse