Top 5 -yesterday
- UK: Grower reduces greenhouse temperature by more than 6°C during heatwave with no cooling, fog systems
- Understanding the profitability of your greenhouse
- Agave: The new drought-tolerant California crop?
- Patromex and DIDIHU partnership invests in modern plant for value-added coconut substrates
- US: Larry Ellison is feeding Hawaii from his high-tech hydroponic farm on Lanai
Top 5 -last month
- Vertical farming technologies tool in researching and fighting diseases
- German retailer Kaufland and horti-family Reichenspurner open new greenhouse
- "Water is the new gold"
- Growing strawberries from seeds becoming increasingly popular
- Higher productivity and earliness are the story behind these pink greenhouses
UK: Grower of giant veg shares secrets of success with rapper Snoop Dog
“I had never heard of him to be honest, but my friend had so I went along to meet him in Cardiff and gave him some advice on growing, and I gave him some root grow.” The retired farmer who grows swedes, carrots, parsnips, marrows and melons, amongst other vegetables, advises growers to invest in a polythene tunnel or some sort of protection for the vegetables so that they can be planted earlier in the season giving them longer to grow.
“You can start planting now as long as you give the plant some sort of protection because if you were to plant outside to early it just wouldn't grow as well,” he said.
Click here to learn more at southwalesargus.co.uk
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-08-12 US: Larry Ellison is feeding Hawaii from his high-tech hydroponic farm on Lanai
- 2022-08-12 Technology upgrades and a brand refresh for Australian strawberry producer
- 2022-08-12 Special restaurant experience: 3D visualization of the food's journey to your plate
- 2022-08-11 James, Jack and the 13 feet cucumber plant
- 2022-08-10 UK: "Now into its 16th season, this site is still extremely efficient"
- 2022-08-09 How Singapore is turning multi-story car parks into farms
- 2022-08-09 Italy: New 2 hectare project makes products available all year round
- 2022-08-09 Dutch Berries: 20 hectares of high-tech strawberry cultivation
- 2022-08-08 Japanese strawberry grower increases production thanks to hanging kit
- 2022-08-08 IE: Boyne Valley community greenhouses helping to feed the hungry
- 2022-08-08 NZ: Downsizing crops, but passion for tomatoes remains strong
- 2022-07-22 Belgium: "In comparison to last year, we’ve doubled production, as well as our revenue"
- 2022-07-22 China: New demand for leafy vegetables brings opportunity to the industry
- 2022-07-21 China: Looking into a 73 hectare greenhouse park
- 2022-07-19 How plants are cooling greenhouses during the heatwave
- 2022-07-14 US (NY): Food trends are driving the demand for specialty mushrooms
- 2022-07-12 German retailer Kaufland and horti-family Reichenspurner open new greenhouse
- 2022-07-11 "New farms start operating by the end of the year"
- 2022-07-07 "Once you have fought temperatures above 35°C for strawberries, leafy greens aren't very daunting"
- 2022-07-05 Founder of Fairtrasa opens up during podcast about being kidnapped by Mexican gangsters