- VP Growing Operations
- Head Grower Strawberries, Australia
- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Farm Manager Costa Rica
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
New method for producing electricity from carbon dioxide
They describe technology that would react the CO2 with water or other liquids and, with further processing, produce a flow of electrons that make up electric current. It could produce about 1,570 kilowatts of additional electricity annually if used to harvest CO2 from power plants, industry and residences. That's about 400 times the annual electrical output of the Hoover Dam. Like that dam and other hydroelectric power facilities, that massive additional amount of electricity would be produced without adding more CO2 to the atmosphere, Hamelers pointed out.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-09-27 NL: Subsidies for energy transition, but it's a quid pro quo
- 2023-09-27 Turkey sets geothermal goals in medium-term economic program
- 2023-09-19 "Electric and hydrogen alternative to fossil fuel within a few years"
- 2023-08-24 Corrosion risk returns in horticulture through more economical heating
- 2023-08-23 Weather extremes' impact on global fruit and vegetable sector
- 2023-08-17 CO2 storage under the North Sea is a go
- 2023-08-16 Nappa pursues renewed geothermal heat production North Limburg
- 2023-08-15 Solar park next to Tinte greenhouses under construction
- 2023-08-07 Singapore: Singrow and Norgren partner up to reduce energy costs
- 2023-07-21 Bringing geothermal knowledge from horticulture to other industries
- 2023-07-21 US: Future-proofing vertical farms’ electricity access through microgrids
- 2023-07-20 "Gains to be made by properly adjusting and monitoring your burner"
- 2023-07-10 "The emissions from our new burner are at an absolute minimum"
- 2023-07-06 Expect more record temperatures, Hutton experts say
- 2023-07-06 Comparing the environmental footprint of lettuce grown indoors to that grown in fields
- 2023-07-05 Don’t think you can afford a solar system for your farm?
- 2023-07-05 "Bylaws governing energy efficiency and light abatement will become the standard"
- 2023-07-04 Westland solar panels forced to be under-utilized
- 2023-06-30 Using wind turbines to energize greenhouses for zero emission cultivation
- 2023-06-29 “We are a company based on tradition and technology”