- Head Grower Strawberries, Australia
- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Farm Manager Costa Rica
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
- International Citrus Account Manager
Indiana farmers make successful transition from soil to hydroponics
US: “More technical and a lot more expensive, but it really is the ultimate way of growing”
Good Life Farms grows lettuce, arugula and basil through hydroponics, and one acre of seasonal heirloom tomatoes in the soil, along with small quantities of other crops. The farm has always avoided using pesticides and herbicides, and uses mineral salt as a fertilizer. The use of minerals prevents Good Life Farms from receiving organic certification; however, the methods are still natural.
Click here to read the complete interview with Darin and Deb Kelly at Seedstock.com
Click here to view the Good Life Farms website
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-09-27 Maharashtra farmer feeds his entire tomato crop to his cows
- 2023-09-27 Tide to table: growing salmon and leafy greens in America's Dairyland
- 2023-09-26 US (CO): Harvest season is in full swing in Southern Colorado
- 2023-09-26 6 years after Hurricane Maria, Puerto Rico residents and farms take recovery into their own hands
- 2023-09-26 First boxes of microgreens delivered to customers in Northern Norway
- 2023-09-21 US (MA): Lancaster refugee farm destroyed by flooding
- 2023-09-21 “Smaller growers are very, very isolated"
- 2023-09-19 Pure Harvest eyes further growth with $150m strategic Richel Group Partnership
- 2023-09-18 Spain: Japanese strawberry variety allows better market entry and brand growth
- 2023-09-18 Denmark: Nordic Greens opens automonous greenhouse
- 2023-09-18 US (OH): “There is really no prescription for this type of farming. We're still figuring out how to make it better"
- 2023-09-14 US (NY): Taking on the Eastcoast in phased expansion, raising another $10 million
- 2023-09-12 US (FL): Greenhouse, classrooms grow on John Rivers’ Packing District farm
- 2023-09-11 US (OR): Immigrant farmers grow hard-to-find pantry staples
- 2023-09-11 "Sales have been at constant levels since the middle of July"
- 2023-09-07 US (UT): Greenhouse farm cultivates community through hydroponics
- 2023-09-06 Kenya: Kirinyaga government supports tomato growers in building horti infrastructure
- 2023-09-05 “We harvest and we seed everyday, but we still do it with about 12 folks"
- 2023-09-05 India: Deputy Chief Minister visited hydroponic farm
- 2023-09-05 US (RI): Flower grower prepares its transition from wedding venue to food production