- Grower and Project Planner Vertical Farming - Aarhus - Denmark
- Financieel Administratief medewerk(st)er
- Territory Manager - Brazil/South America, Argentina, Ecuador, Columbia
- Senior Product Coordinator Beans
- Sales manager
- Head of Sales
- Medewerker Productmanagement
- Sales Manager - Germany
- Associate Director International Procurement: Produce - Berlin
- International Procurement Manager - Berlin
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Whitefly prevention with liquid nutritional plant enhancer
- Derek Hargreaves ‘A Remarkable Man’
- "The number of high-tech greenhouses in Poland has grown significantly in recent years"
- CAN (ON): “We are moving into the strawberry category as a united front"
- "We can produce up to 2.5 times more from the same acreage"
Top 5 -last month
- "The container is essential to determine the quality of the plant"
- Finland: 11.000m2 hybrid vertical farm constructed near Helsinki
- Here are last year's best read articles: vertical farming, strawberries and sustainable initiatives
- “I have to throw away my crops because of energy prices”
- "In a decade, only a handful of greenhouse companies will survive"
Turkey: Ser Pak announces successful cucumber vapour control results
Prolong Vapour Control has technology with Modified Atmosphere (MA) and high moisture vapour transmission rate (MVTR).
MA is what slows down respiration, inhibits ethylene and decay and thereby maintains freshness during prolonged storage and transportation.
High MVTR is what will eliminate excess condensation and reduce the risk of decay associated with it on the one hand and prevent excess dehydration on the other, is therefore a prerequisite for a successful product. At the consumer side there is excellent product visibility and a concentrated fruit aroma and juicy fruits when opening the pack.
Cucumbers benefit from Prolong Vapour Control modified atmosphere conditions which slow down ageing, inhibit decay and chilling injury. The high relative humidity within the packaging environment also reduces weight loss. Although storage in Polyethylene based modified atmosphere packaging has a risk since the film has a low moisture vapor transmission rate, excess moisture in the packaging is likely to expedite decay, grow mould, either during the storage/transportation period or after removal from the packaging.
When cucumbers are packed and stored or transport correctly in Prolong® Vapour Control packaging, characterized by high moisture vapor transmission rates, storability can be extended to up to 3 weeks.
Prolong® packaging extends the post-harvest life of Cucumber during storage and transportation
Main Benefits are as follows:
• Maintains skin gloss and green colour.
• Maintains overall freshness and appearance
• Maintains flesh firmness and crispness.
• Minimises moisture loss and weight loss
• Reduced decay
For more information:
Nazmiye Guler Akbulut
Ser Pak Co Ltd.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-01-21 Modiform now sells only circular thermoformed pots
- 2022-01-14 "We recommend that companies start thinking ecologically at an early stage"
- 2022-01-07 Packaging station to meet various demands from clients
- 2022-01-06 Australian fruit and veg pallet wrapping solution wins major international awards
- 2022-01-04 ETP® transparent paper film for trays, flowpack and pouches
- 2022-01-03 It's a wrap: French ban on plastic packaging starts
- 2021-12-24 "We hope to let more fruit and vegetable producers see the benefits of smart mobile cold storage"
- 2021-12-24 Growing interest from greenhouse sector for strawberry harvest robot
- 2021-12-24 Beautiful fruit and vegetable displays
- 2021-12-23 Linen yarn, a new material for sustainable packaging
- 2021-12-21 New multifunctional paper tray line and new solution for sealing and labeling
- 2021-12-17 Les Crudettes, Mondi, and IMA scoop French awards for new paper packaging
- 2021-12-15 Ban on plastic packaging: Interfel calls for European and sectoral harmonization
- 2021-12-15 "Custom printable paper trays are in high demand"
- 2021-12-14 Spain banning fruit and vegetables packaged in plastic in 2023
- 2021-12-10 Wooden containers for citrus, pears and soft fruit to help the environment
- 2021-12-08 Cardboard triples the costs of packaging berries in Huelva
- 2021-12-07 Natural chemical might keep fruits and vegetables fresh for longer
- 2021-12-07 Herb packaging presented in 3D
- 2021-12-03 What are the trends in food packaging?