- Senior Commercial Manager (Sales and Procurement)
- Packing Supervisor
- Head Grower Greenhouse Canada
- Post Entry Quarantine Facility Manager
- Economic Policy Officer Agri-Tech Kentucky
- Licensing Manager North America
- Junior Sales Executive
- Fruit Breeder/Trait Discovery Scientist
- General Manager
- Regional Sales Manager – DACH Region
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- How farmers are cutting out supermarkets
- Combining vertical farming and greenhouse horticulture to decentralize lettuce production
- Mexico: Rising Farms boosts capacity fivefold
- Higher light transmission and lower heat demand with double foil greenhouse
- Fresh produce chain hit by Lakeside Produce’s bankruptcy
Turkey: Ser Pak announces successful cucumber vapour control results
Prolong Vapour Control has technology with Modified Atmosphere (MA) and high moisture vapour transmission rate (MVTR).
MA is what slows down respiration, inhibits ethylene and decay and thereby maintains freshness during prolonged storage and transportation.
High MVTR is what will eliminate excess condensation and reduce the risk of decay associated with it on the one hand and prevent excess dehydration on the other, is therefore a prerequisite for a successful product. At the consumer side there is excellent product visibility and a concentrated fruit aroma and juicy fruits when opening the pack.
Cucumbers benefit from Prolong Vapour Control modified atmosphere conditions which slow down ageing, inhibit decay and chilling injury. The high relative humidity within the packaging environment also reduces weight loss. Although storage in Polyethylene based modified atmosphere packaging has a risk since the film has a low moisture vapor transmission rate, excess moisture in the packaging is likely to expedite decay, grow mould, either during the storage/transportation period or after removal from the packaging.
When cucumbers are packed and stored or transport correctly in Prolong® Vapour Control packaging, characterized by high moisture vapor transmission rates, storability can be extended to up to 3 weeks.
Prolong® packaging extends the post-harvest life of Cucumber during storage and transportation
Main Benefits are as follows:
• Maintains skin gloss and green colour.
• Maintains overall freshness and appearance
• Maintains flesh firmness and crispness.
• Minimises moisture loss and weight loss
• Reduced decay
For more information:
Nazmiye Guler Akbulut
Ser Pak Co Ltd.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-02-06 "Camera technology and AI enhance our quality and crop process"
- 2023-01-31 Paper packaging solution now also available as banderole
- 2023-01-10 Retail Sleeve offers plastic-free alternative to pots
- 2022-11-17 Kenya to provide freighters for agri-exports
- 2022-11-14 Angus Soft Fruits now importing berries using reduced-plastic, cushioning punnet to improve quality and recyclability.
- 2022-11-11 "Elastic and non-elastic yarns with ecologically sustainable materials"
- 2022-11-11 "Process automation facilitates the reduction of production costs in citrus warehouses"
- 2022-10-26 'Reefer container rates expected to decrease at a significantly slower pace through 2023'
- 2022-09-22 New cling film is compostable with industrial versatility
- 2022-09-19 Snack tomato packaging wins 'Carton of the Year 2022' award
- 2022-09-13 "Products washed with peroxide have a longer shelf life"
- 2022-08-29 Strauss's leapfrogging in sustainable packaging by ROP for salads and leafy greens
- 2022-08-25 UK: Plant packaging manufacturer is exhibiting at the Four Oaks Trade show
- 2022-08-24 "No doubt robotic harvesters will be common in greenhouses very soon"
- 2022-08-18 Sustainable closure sealing and labelling of fruit and vegetable trays
- 2022-08-12 New application for disinfection of fresh-cut fruits by means ozone in the packaging
- 2022-07-07 New cold storage and research rooms put into operation at Proeftuin Randwijk
- 2022-07-07 Fruit that always has the best taste and bite thanks to All-in-One Spectral Cabinet
- 2022-06-30 50% more plants thanks to new strawberry cultivation system
- 2022-06-01 Proseal pioneers workable alternatives to plastic tray sealing