- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
- Packaging Supervisor
- Nursery Production Manager South Australia
- Advisor / Account manager horticulture Japan
Top 5 -yesterday
- Artificial photosynthesis can produce food without sunshine
- Finnish lettuce greenhouse uses industry waste wood to heat the greenhouse
- New ToBRFV-resistant varieties presented for Mexico
- CABY virus resurfaces in cucumber greenhouse: "Sometimes there was hardly any aphid to be found in the crop"
- 21-year-old student establishes hydroponics business with only P1,000
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Uganda: New hot pepper facility provides new markets for growers
According to NECPA Chairperson Helen Acham, the association has over 466 associations of pepper producers, with each group comprising of about 13-60 members.
“We hope the plant [Arilio] will help us provide the market for the farmers in the near future. Market for our product is a key issue,” Acham said.
Ohisalo says they are likely to buy pepper at Shs 7, 000 ($2.63 US) a kilogram from NECPA. But NECPA buys from farmers who are not in the groups at a farm-gate price of Shs 5,500 per kilogram. Group members earn Shs 6,000 per kilo.
The end result will be exported to the US as well as certain EU markets, such as Finland.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-06-20 Improve greenhouse management efficiency to counter lack of labor
- 2022-06-14 No drama with climate management at Drama greenhouse, Greece
- 2022-06-06 Leafy greens and vine crops grow in tropical Thai greenhouse
- 2022-06-06 Dubai grower helps tropical fruit thrive through modern methods
- 2022-06-02 New blueberry variety thriving at Australian grower
- 2022-05-27 Labor and inflation major challenges for the UK soft fruit industry
- 2022-05-25 Mariusz has a good fit with employer Blueberries Grathem
- 2022-05-23 "A horticulturist will always have a good foundation for a position with a breeder"
- 2022-05-20 Consuming environmentally sustainable food one beer at a time
- 2022-05-19 An entrepreneur from the Berdyuzhsky district opened a greenhouse for growing vegetables, seedlings, and herbs
- 2022-05-18 Dutch propagator grows vegetables and flowers under the same (glass)roof
- 2022-05-13 Ontario premier visits Canadian cucumber greenhouse
- 2022-05-09 US (MA): Roxbury’s Dudley greenhouse gives residents chance to grow their own food
- 2022-05-06 New innings: Pro sportsman trades cricket bat for aquaponics
- 2022-05-06 "You just can’t fool the consumer"
- 2022-05-02 Richard Ward wins the 2021 ANBP Award of Excellence
- 2022-05-02 Irish grower secures new €7.5M contract with Aldi
- 2022-04-22 "Cooperative marketing will prove its worth, even in times of crisis"
- 2022-04-22 Have a look in the Lufa Farms greenhouse
- 2022-04-22 India: Ex-accountant uses hydroponics to help thousands of farmers increase profits by 35%