- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
US (NC): Bayer CropScience announce new bee center
The North American Bayer Bee Care Center, to be located at the Bayer CropScience North America headquarters in Research Triangle Park, N.C., is scheduled for completion in July 2013.
The Bee Care Center is part of Bayer's Global Bee Care Program, which provides a more focused and centralized resource for Bayer scientists and external stakeholders. The Center will bring together significant technological, scientific and academic resources, with the ultimate goal of supporting product stewardship and sustainable agriculture.
"We understand the necessity for healthy bees as pollinators and their critical role to agriculture, and by working with scientists, growers, beekeepers and customers, we strive to create new approaches and solutions to benefit bee health and the global food supply," said Jim Blome, president and CEO of Bayer CropScience North America.
"Because we are aware of the challenge to continue feeding a growing world population, our Bee Care Center will be a vital resource in our ongoing commitment to maintaining sustainable agriculture."
The North American Bee Care Center will include:
Full laboratory and research apiary, as well as honey extraction and workshop space needed to conduct bee health research and to support a practical apiculture. The research will focus on Integrated Pest Management for the multiple causes affecting bee health, such as parasites, like the Varroa mite, predators, diseases, seasonal management, and environmental stressors
State-of-the art meeting, training and presentation facilities for beekeepers, farmers and educators to provide resources and an interactive learning center
Bayer's new North American Bee Care Center is the second established by the company to promote bee health. In 2012, its global Bayer Bee Care Center was established at the joint headquarters campus of Bayer CropScience and Bayer Animal Health in Monheim, Germany.
The Bayer Bee Care Center, a more than 6,600 square feet building in Research Triangle Park, will be fully staffed, including an office space for graduate students. Not only will the Center be LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Gold certified, providing pollinator-friendly gardens, but it will also produce a surplus of energy.
As a LEED-certified building, the Center will continue Bayer's efforts to reduce its carbon footprint to help improve agricultural management and foster environmental stewardship. The net zero building will generate more energy each year than consumed through its geothermal heating and cooling, LED lighting and solar water heating.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-11-30 Earl Reinink retires from Westbrook Systems
- 2023-11-30 For Rent: Property located in the transport zone Meer in Belgium
- 2023-11-30 British Berry Growers launches campaign and policy board to ensure a sustainable future
- 2023-11-30 Produce are rotting at Johannesburg Fresh Market due to lack of electricity
- 2023-11-30 "CE-Line makes the autonomous measuring of water quality in closed systems possible"
- 2023-11-30 Andrew McIlwan elected Deputy Chair of Protected Cropping Australia
- 2023-11-30 Sara Wexler new CEO of Fresh Leaf
- 2023-11-29 Germany: Joint scaling of harvesting robots
- 2023-11-29 Rosselkhoznadzor limits supplies of seed and planting material from the Netherlands
- 2023-11-29 "Sayuri", the only greenhouse complex in the world located in the permafrost region
- 2023-11-29 “This year we want to reach the English market with our organic products”
- 2023-11-29 NL: Green Simplicity receives green light for 1 ha facility
- 2023-11-28 “We have specialists for this project too"
- 2023-11-28 Martin Stolze preps up to anticipate next growth of international horti
- 2023-11-28 UK: Still time for agri and food-tech businesses to apply for innovation grants of up to £300,000
- 2023-11-28 US (AZ): USDA issues $250k grant to Tucson aquaponic farm