- Senior Agronomist/Horticulturist and Agronomy/Horticulture Manager
- Growers & Assistant Growers
- Plant Biologist
- Ripening Officer Bananas / Exotics
- Grower and Nurser
- Farm Manager
- Floriculture Production Planning Manager
- Agricultural Mechanic / Crop Sprayer Operator
- Technical Services Manager
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Top tips for growing lettuce in a greenhouse
- New packaging for hydroponic fertilizer launched
- UK: Grower reduces greenhouse temperature by more than 6°C during heatwave with no cooling, fog systems
- Taking the wisdom from indoor farming and bringing it into greenhouses
- "Kawaguchi tomato variety good option for consumer, but also good for the grower"
Top 5 -last month
Syngenta continues contract with biomarker research firm Metabolon
Metabolon has extensive experience in rapidly profiling the biochemistry of plants. This metabolomics-driven approach enables the identification of biomarkers useful for the development of a wide range of diagnostics and provides insight into complex biochemical processes.
“We are delighted to continue our partnership with Syngenta, a leader in seed biotechnology and crop protection products,” said John Ryals, Ph.D., President and Chief Executive Officer of Metabolon. “This agreement signifies not only the value our biochemical analysis and expertise brings to our collaborators, but also our commitment to helping our partners in pharmaceutical, biotechnology and consumer products sectors meet their own business objectives.”
“Metabolon brings us key information that helps facilitate decision-making in R&D for developing new products,” said Michiel van Lookeren Campagne, Head of Biotechnology at Syngenta. “As Syngenta works to bring new technology to the market for our customers, these insights are increasingly important.”
Metabolon, Inc. has advanced the field of metabolomics by pioneering and patenting the industry’s leading biochemical biomarker discovery and profiling platform. It has developed the technology to quickly identify and measure all of the biochemicals in a biological sample through its proprietary global processing method. Through the generation and interpretation of data, this method provides a precise understanding of disease etiology and drug action, and advances personalized medicine beyond what genomics and other approaches can promise. Metabolon’s expertise is being embraced by a wide range of pharmaceutical, biotechnology, food and agricultural companies. Metabolytics, its biomarker discovery and analysis business, has completed over 500 client studies and processed over 50,000 samples for customers in 2011 alone. Building on its expertise in biochemistry understanding, Metabolon is also developing proprietary diagnostic tests to determine and track disease progression.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-08-18 First harvest in herb grower's new greenhouse
- 2022-08-18 How Berries Australia plans to expand export markets for future growth
- 2022-08-18 Hans van der Beek is the new advisor Gulf Region for Dutch Greenhouse Delta
- 2022-08-18 Comparing the 2 and 3 Stage NFT growing system
- 2022-08-18 "Our 2-in-1 plastic film can replace the sunshade net"
- 2022-08-18 Square Roots celebrates new indoor farm in Kenosha with Gordon Food Service
- 2022-08-17 USDA PACA sanctions three companies
- 2022-08-17 Griffin and IUNU partner up
- 2022-08-17 Wet weather fails to hold back SA Sultanas’ sustainability drive
- 2022-08-17 Rift Labs bags $1.7 million funding to expand operations
- 2022-08-17 98 foil tunnels for sale in Pingsheim
- 2022-08-17 Bayer launches sustainable agriculture platform focused on collaboration
- 2022-08-17 The SF Market announces election of new board members
- 2022-08-17 "Modern tomato breeding will consider flavor and taste more"
- 2022-08-17 Tree Defender awarded fourth US patent
- 2022-08-17 "I see a great sense of pride when people make their own passata with the San Marzano"
- 2022-08-17 NZ: New owners bring energy as grower exits
- 2022-08-16 Yuksel Seeds expands its presence in China
- 2022-08-16 Biobest Southwest sales team integrated with Beneficial Insectary in Western USA
- 2022-08-16 500,000 square meters of screen en route to Wittenberg Gemüse