Top 5 - yesterday
- Little Leaf Farms inaugurates greenhouse, will add a new one in fall
- Canadian growers urge government to support its sustainability efforts
- Dutch growers lose faith
- New geothermal well contributes to the energy transition for Dutch greenhouses
- New heat-reflecting screen to be presented at GreenTech 2023
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- "Vertical solar panels under the gutter can provide significant savings in plastic greenhouses"
- The differences between greenhouse growers in US and Canada
- German grower reduces moisture in slabs with Spacer
- Half the labor if tomato grows upside down?
- China: Abundance of crops grow in arid Xinjiang desert
Canada: Top chef in Vancouver discovers Heavenly Villagio Marzano
Chef Darren Brown from Oru Restaurant at the Fairmont Pacific Rim in Vancouver paid a visit to Village Farms greenhouse to view the company’s unique growing methods and exclusive tomato varieties. While he was very impressed with the sheer size of the greenhouse, just over 1.4 million square feet of tomatoes, he was most impressed with a small tomato the company grows. Heavenly Villagio Marzano is an authentic Mini San Marzano tomato originating in Europe and exclusive to Village Farms, who are the first to offer this new variety to customers in North America. Chef Brown had this to say, “The most impressive part is the care, attention, and dedication that go into these tomatoes. They’re impeccable.”
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-05-30 Two new cover additives to balance the temperature between night and day
- 2023-05-26 Apples and blackberries may help lower chances of frailty at later age
- 2023-05-23 Two vegan chopped salad kits introduced
- 2023-05-16 Greenhouse grower sponsors men’s healthy eating guide
- 2023-05-12 Risk of heart disease might drop significantly by drinking these fruit juices
- 2023-05-12 State: "lēf Farms products are safe, recall has been canceled"
- 2023-05-10 "We introduce a single-use real-time carbon dioxide monitor"
- 2023-05-09 Why moviegoers should dread on-screen asparagus
- 2023-05-08 CABI supports increase in vegetable production and consumption in Kenya and Ethiopia
- 2023-05-08 Vegetable still life by Van Gogh renamed as the onions weren’t onions
- 2023-04-27 Unveiling the Fifth Taste: Umami Bombs
- 2023-04-18 Chopped Salad Kit line introduces five new flavors
- 2023-04-07 New duct-mounted carbon dioxide transmitter launched
- 2023-03-30 “Those who have tried our product often order a second one”
- 2023-03-28 How do blue tomatoes get their color and what do they taste like?
- 2023-03-23 New tropical mini pepper launched
- 2023-03-23 "In the organic and Demeter segment in particular, our product has already become well established"
- 2023-03-20 Spring seasonal vegetables include agretti, strigoli, and radicchio
- 2023-03-17 Tasty Tom gets a new look
- 2023-03-15 Can plastic pads provide the same air cooling as paper pads?