- R&D Trial Manager Vegetables | Team Lead
- Technical Sales Representative, Leamington, Ontario
- Technical Sales Representative, Ancaster, Ontario
- HR Generalist
- Head Grower Strawberries (West Virginia USA)
- Global Sourcing Manager
- Buying Operations Manager (BOM Process)
- Sourcing Manager EU
- Manager Operations Ethiopia
- Senior Grower
Top 5 - yesterday
- Greenhouse strawberry production becomes a prominent source of income in Ordu, Turkey
- Greenhouse cucumber harvest started in Tokat, Turkey
- People with disabilities grow in Turkish greenhouse
- How to 3D print a hydroponic tower garden
- Protecting blueberry blooms from extreme heat injury using overhead irrigation
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- "Vertical solar panels under the gutter can provide significant savings in plastic greenhouses"
- German grower reduces moisture in slabs with Spacer
- Half the labor if tomato grows upside down?
- China: Abundance of crops grow in arid Xinjiang desert
- “By growing upside down, nature does a major part of the crop work”
Germany: Large scale greenhouse projects
The reports on developments in the German greenhouse sector are confusing. On the one hand it says that the acreage with greenhouses is decreasing. On the other hand, however, there are large-scale projects within the greenhouse sector, which when realized would increase the area by 25%.
Everywhere in Germany, also in traditional growing regions, there is talk of large scale projects. The areas will extend over the whole country. In Hemmingstedt in the north of Germany, in Neurath in the West, and in Felgentreu and Schkölen in the East and in Hegau in southern Germany the first new complexes have already been completed. Since almost all construction projects will be used for the cultivation of salad vegetables.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-06-06 Greenhouse strawberry production becomes a prominent source of income in Ordu, Turkey
- 2023-06-06 Greenhouse cucumber harvest started in Tokat, Turkey
- 2023-06-06 People with disabilities grow in Turkish greenhouse
- 2023-06-06 US (RI): 1M sq. ft. greenhouse in Exeter to resume construction after court fight
- 2023-06-05 Czech architect CHK recreates greenhouse where science of genetics was born
- 2023-06-05 AU: New horticulture project proposed near Tongala
- 2023-06-05 Buyers sought for UK hydroponic salad grower
- 2023-06-02 US (PA): Sugar Valley Greenhouse counting their blessings, one petal at a time
- 2023-06-02 "Our newly opened Innovation Center recreates highly controlled environment of vertical farming"
- 2023-06-02 Greenhouse pepper growers in Tokat, Turkey cannot solve root collar rot problem
- 2023-06-01 10.000 strawberry seedlings planted in geothermal greenhouse in Sindirgi, Turkey
- 2023-06-01 Little Leaf Farms inaugurates greenhouse, will add a new one in fall
- 2023-06-01 CAN (SK): Committee to consider long-term options for City Greenhouse: shared space proposed
- 2023-05-30 Algeria: Agreement signed to finance greenhouse projects
- 2023-05-29 US (IN): Flanner House to unveil greenhouse and mental health center to support urban core
- 2023-05-29 Hydroponic strawberries from Turkey are exported to various countries
- 2023-05-29 Glasshouses relocated and repurposed to provide quality growing facility for Guernsey-based charity
- 2023-05-26 US (NC): California company makes $9M investment in Mills River-based greenhouse
- 2023-05-24 "Power lies in the marriage between 'ag' and 'tech'"
- 2023-05-24 Revol Greens unveils new Texas facility to meet increased demand