Top 5 -yesterday
- Taking the wisdom from indoor farming and bringing it into greenhouses
- Top tips for growing lettuce in a greenhouse
- Greenhouse grower purchases 75-acre greenhouse in Jalisco, Mexico
- "One thing's sure: there will be less lit cultivation next season"
- New type of strawberry harvester introduced to the market
Top 5 -last month
Philips Lighting adds Horticoop Scandinavia to Partner Network
“Our decision to partner with Horticoop Scandinavia A/S is made after we recently completed our first project in Denmark for Queen Flowers, a high quality producer and breeder of Kalanchoe,” explained Udo van Slooten, Managing Director of Philips Lighting Horticulture LED Solutions. “The market has good potential, especially in segments for potted plants and high wire crops. With potted plant growers, we can build on our experience completing numerous LED projects in Europe, the Americas, Asia and Australia. There is a growing demand for LED lighting in this segment because it offers benefits such as radically higher propagation rates, faster rooting, lower energy costs and a rapid return on investment. As for high wire crops we have seen a long history of positive results already, like higher yields and better heat management resulting in more control over the crop.”
This latest partnership brings together Horticoop Scandinavia’s experience in selling and installing LED lighting at some of the largest Danish greenhouses with Philips Lighting's innovative greenhouse lighting technologies. Together, the partners plan to expand the base of LED installations in Denmark and the rest of Scandinavia.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-08-11 UF researchers find genes responsible for several flavor compounds in strawberries
- 2022-08-10 Taking the wisdom from indoor farming and bringing it into greenhouses
- 2022-08-08 A mission to discover greenhouse robots in Japan
- 2022-08-08 Low-cost smart meter ready for farmers and agricultural partners
- 2022-07-22 "By adding spray booms, our roof washer became a real 2-in-1-machine"
- 2022-07-22 What is the added value of Software-as-a-Service for growers?
- 2022-07-22 "Horto Professional makes vertical farming customizable"
- 2022-07-20 'Easy-to-use growth model' combines weight and light
- 2022-07-19 "North America is a strong growth market for automation solutions"
- 2022-07-15 "I don't believe in automating just to automate"
- 2022-07-13 Greenhouse software tool helps growers calculate light distribution of growing facility
- 2022-07-12 Fluence and HAS University partner to explore dynamic lighting strategies
- 2022-07-11 Monitoring growing conditions and tracking strawberries with IoT apps
- 2022-07-11 “Autonomous Growing is helping us to achieve more”
- 2022-07-11 Trolleys help growers in hot climates deal with labor shortages
- 2022-07-06 Robots - the perfect worker when there are severe staff shortages?
- 2022-07-06 Growing cucumbers vertically brings future for Finnish growers nearby
- 2022-07-05 Working towards an autonomous greenhouse in the AGROS project
- 2022-07-04 Peruvian designers create an intelligent robotic arm to control the quality and growth of seedlings for the agro-industry
- 2022-07-01 Beijing builds a test application scenario for cherry tomato harvest robots