- UK Sales Manager - (South of the UK)
- Digital Advisor - Geeste, Germany
- Tax Specialist Hungary
- Head Grower - Providence (Rhode Island) USA
- Nursery Manager - Roydon (Essex) UK
- Labour Manager - Leamington (ON) Canada
- Head Grower/Director of Growing - Crawfordville (FL) USA
- Project Manager Assistant - USA
- Apple Quality Manager - Wolcott (NY) USA
- General Manager - Wolcott (NY) USA
Top 5 -yesterday
- This vertical farm could be the answer to a future without water
- Rijk Zwaan and Holland Greentech expand cooperation in West Africa
- Fluence leads global research initiative to study impact of light quality on plant development, yield and crop quality
- BraZander first nursery in Bayer's Forward Farming network
- GE Current and Royal Brinkman enter exclusive partnership in the UK
Top 5 -last week
- "Vertical farming is a great answer for food security worldwide"
- When will human growers become obsolete?
- Calculating optimal equipment and settings, before the greenhouse is built
- Focusing on the French market with turnkey greenhouse projects
- ToBRFV found in Poland, three new outbreaks reported in the UK
Top 5 -last month
Technology converts organic wastes into organic fertilizer in just one day
Biomax Technologies from Singapore uses a similar concept but its patented technology converts organic wastes into organic fertilizer in just one day. What’s more, the quality of fertilizer is at a completely different level from traditional compost because of its rich nutrient and organic matter content. The essential ingredient to this technology is the use of enzymes which break down the wastes at an accelerated rate. However, the use of enzymes alone is not enough to make this process possible. A properly controlled space is required for wastes to be decomposed. That is where Biomax’s digestor comes in and provides temperature, aeration and mixing capabilities for wastes and enzymes. In a simple way, the digestor and enzymes work together to produce fertilizer from waste.
To many, the backyard composting method seems to be economical, but it takes time, space and creates pathogen issues. Fertilizer born by pathogens, if used for plants, can be transferred to plants and once it happens, there is a risk of a serious outbreak. Biomax’s digestor prevents this by heating up the wastes at 80°C – a temperature where even the most notorious pathogens are killed. Because the process takes place under controlled environment, there is no compromise on the quality of fertilizer due to external factors such as weather conditions or mixing efficiency. Moreover, the otherwise occurrence of nutrient loss to the atmosphere is prevented. As a result, the organic fertilizer can retain not only high nutrient level but also organic matter level of more than 70%.
So what happens if the organic matter is high? One of the main benefits is that it can retain nutrients and water, thus promoting the growth of plants while requiring lesser amount of water. It also encourages the microbial activity which then improves the soil fertility. This is particularly important for soils that have been degraded with over application of chemical fertilizers, fungicides and pesticides. While chemical fertilizers cause nutrient leachate (especially nitrates) through soil into groundwater and surrounding water bodies – imposing environmental pollution, organic fertilizer does not create such problem.
Biomax claims that this organic fertilizer can significantly reduce the use of chemical fertilizer without compromising on the yield and in this way, growing large scale plants can be done in a sustainable manner. According to Biomax, the conversion rate of waste into fertilizer is usually 70%. For example, a digestor with 15 tons of input capacity can produce approximately 10 tons of organic fertilizer. The technology has already been used in more than 13 countries around the world, dealing with wastes such as animal manure, horticulture waste, food waste and sewage sludge.
For more information:
Thiri Aung Myint Kyaing (Ms.)
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2020-07-10 Growing media and the efficient use of nutrients
- 2020-07-01 Helping soilless farms grow net income by going closed loop
- 2020-06-26 Mycorrhizal fungi enhances productivity and quality in cherry tomato
- 2020-06-03 What makes a fertilizer high-grade?
- 2020-05-29 New root system improvement product
- 2020-05-13 Production and transport of fertilizers continue as usual
- 2020-04-29 Crop response to low phosphorus bioavailability with a focus on tomato
- 2020-03-30 Yield of fertigated bell pepper under different soil water tensions and nitrogen fertilization
- 2020-03-19 Use of mycorrhiza to reduce mineral fertilizers in soilless melon cultivation
- 2020-03-17 Elevated root-zone dissolved inorganic carbon alters plant nutrition
- 2020-03-11 "Humic acid growth agent boosts strawberry yields by almost 50%"
- 2020-03-04 "Growers and consumers increasingly opt for sustainable potting soil"
- 2020-02-26 A ‘plug & play’ solution for liquid fertilizer supply
- 2020-02-20 Azerbaijan tomato growers add blueberries to assortment
- 2020-02-19 European pilot project to create a new generation of biostimulants
- 2020-02-14 Turning food waste into fertilizer
- 2020-01-30 Study concludes that Almeria's greenhouses make excessive use of nitrogen fertilizers
- 2020-01-29 RHP certification for Soltera and Eifel-Holz
- 2020-01-23 "Proper use and control of NOx in greenhouse can increase yield"
- 2020-01-22 Using digestate and biochar as fertilizers to improve processing tomato production sustainability
I am much inserted, kindly send me your catalog and any available information
Ahmed Hamouda, Hurghada / Red Sea - 2015/10/13 12:12:00.000
please give the proposal and quotation for installing the company .Please send me the detail and costing of this machine
dheena, chennai - 2015/10/04 17:12:43.000
I wish to declear my interest in BIOMAX TECHNOLOGY of producing organic fertilizer. Please, could you funish me with all information to get started.
ASO AWA KALU, PORT HARCOURT - 2015/03/03 23:04:46.000
Pls send me more reading materials about biomax technology of producing organic fertilizer.
Florentin Padayhag, Cagayan de Oro city - 2014/10/30 13:39:15.000
Hi there, I would like to know as how much is the cost of one machine and its capacity for a day to convert the waste into fertilizer? Besides that, I would like to enquiry the time duration too to convert the waste into a compost.
Calvin chan yi xuan, Penang - 2015/10/27 13:53:21.000
I''m an undergraduate student in bio-science. I am interested in starting a self-employment in producing organic fertilizer from household waste. I would be much thankful if I can be provided with some guidance and sources about where I can learn more about this industry
Manasee Weerathunga, Kandy - 2015/01/18 18:32:38.000
Please send me more information of this product, price, capacity and any other detail.
Oscar Monzon, Guatemala - 2015/09/02 02:43:52.000
Everyone I speak to about this project says it is impossible?
If this works it can be a game changer. I am working with a new concept for Haiti in which the country becomes a large fully organic exporter.
This technology would be perfect. I need to understand it more and I need to understand the pricing.
thanks and regards,
Peter A. Warren, POMPANO BEACH - 2015/09/08 14:07:24.000
please help us find a good solution to turn 6,000 tons of city waste in a fertilizer or compost.
thank you for your cooperation
note: your infos/email will be sent to the person interested
jef, jakarta - 2015/11/03 04:53:17.000
Please send me the detail and costing of this machine . Please
rohit, kullu - 2015/04/07 09:55:27.000
Pls send reading materials about biomax technology of producing organic fertilizer. I am interested in this technology.
Sachin Sawalkar, Pune - 2015/03/17 07:55:49.000
I need the specifications and quotation for the digester
Srinivas, Hyderabad - 2015/03/06 12:16:21.000
I am writing this mail from an NGO called Supporting Hand. I would like to know as how much is the cost of one machine and its capacity.Further is there any discount for NGO
vishwas Sharma, Surat - 2014/11/11 09:44:26.000