- Rose Grower
- Farm Manager Tomato Greenhouse Nursery, Tunisia
- General Manager - Farming / QLD, Australia
- Sales Manager
- Group Chief Operating Officer
- Allround Medewerker Bedrijfsbureau - Est, Nederland
- General Manager Fresh Produce Manufacturing - Tasmania (Australia)
- Head Grower - Mason City (Iowa) USA
- Integrated Crop Management (ICM) Technician - Olds (Alberta) Canada
- Hoofd Engineering - Gameren, Nederland
Top 5 -yesterday
- Automation inside and outside Mucci’s cucumber greenhouse
- N. Korean leader visits greenhouse farm under construction amid food shortages
- Tomato growers must remain vigilant for tomato brown rugose virus
- Analysis of nutrient variations in electrical conductivity-based closed-loop soilless culture systems
- "The coating provides the foundation; screens are the emergency brake"
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
New Agrible app makes drones easy
The iOS app works with Agrible’s flagship software, Morning Farm Report which is a suite of predictive analytics tools that give growers field-level insights about everything from when they can take equipment into the fields to how much nitrogen each field needs.
Pocket Drone Control uses Morning Farm Report to seamlessly plan a flight and launch the drone with just a few swipes on an iPhone or iPad. It can cover an 80-acre field in less than 15 minutes, all on one battery with life to spare. After the drone takes photos, you can quickly classify damage as hail, disease, drift, flooding, etc on your mobile device, even if you don’t have a data connection. Then, the information uploads to Morning Farm Report where you can access and share it at any time.
“Aerial survey can provide invaluable insights for crop insurance adjusters, ag service providers, and growers. It’s a unique perspective of their crop that has historically been expensive or even impossible to get,” said Jack Marck, Product Engineer at Agrible.
Pocket Drone Control is free with an existing Morning Farm Report account and purchased drone from Agrible’s partner, Crop Copter. It lets users view their flight images on a map, get alerts on their drone's maintenance schedule, and review historical flight log data, all in one place. It will be available for download in the App Store soon.
For more information:
2021 S. First Street, Suite 201
Champaign, Illinois 61820
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-10-18 Germination potential of tomato seed even further boosted with X-ray technology
- 2019-10-18 Signify and Fundación Cajamar have signed a research collaboration agreement
- 2019-10-17 US (IN): Purdue scientist sending tomatoes into space to study plant defense
- 2019-10-16 “No matter what fog system you use, a good controller is essential”
- 2019-10-16 US (IL): Greenhouse to help researchers with gene editing
- 2019-10-16 UK: Work with China to transform food production
- 2019-10-15 Augmenta raises $2.5m seed round
- 2019-10-14 "A disinfectant is no longer ordered from a brochure"
- 2019-10-14 A hydroponics startup growing basil is developing their own LED technology
- 2019-10-14 US (IN): Purdue partnering on 5G research to improve ag automation
- 2019-10-11 Machine learning helps plant science turn over a new leaf
- 2019-10-11 Belgium: CRISPR-based tissue-specific knockout system to help generation of specific plant mutations
- 2019-10-10 Mobile measuring installation water quality tested
- 2019-10-09 Greenhouses in Armenia to become ‘wiser’
- 2019-10-09 Scientists discover new class of flavonoids
- 2019-10-09 New 'Farmbeats' project uses AI to increase grower efficiency
- 2019-10-07 New mobile app aims to make industry-wide food traceability a reality
- 2019-10-03 Kickstarter campaign featuring Climeworks carbon dioxide removal launched
- 2019-10-02 "No more plant stress because of oxygen deficiency in water"
- 2019-10-02 iFarm project: SaaS platform 1 module release