- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Operations Accountant
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
- Coal and pink tomatoes: the challenges for Polish growers
- Healthy seeds, and good germination with Plasma Activated Water seed treatment
- J. Huete International builds high-tech greenhouse for seed research in South America
- Tropicalia Greenhouse in Northern France blends perfectly with surroundings
- NZ: Return of the watermelon
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Zambia: "We produce 5,000 units of lettuce per week, per tunnel, year-round"
- UK growers stop planting and put nurseries on sale amidst energy crisis and labor shortage
- Passive solar greenhouses: How Ladakh farmers are harvesting crops in winter
- "High-tech farmer AppHarvest is running out of money"
- German family company switches from tomato cultivation to hydroponic lettuce
Spain: Verde Agricola named Best Partner by Valagro
During the event, hosted at Valagro headquarters, Chairman Ottorino La Rocca presented the award to Carmen Vargas, General Manager of Verde Agrícola, in the presence of 2 technicians and a number of representatives of large farms identified as some of Verde Agricola's best customers.
With the Best Partner of the Year award, Valagro wishes to reward customers which have achieved the greatest percentage increase in sales with particular reference to innovative products most recently introduced on the market. From this point of view, Verde Agricola recorded a 118% increase in turnover in 2015.
Carmen Vargas, General Manager of Verde Agrícola S.L.: "Since 1994, when we began working with Valagro, Valagro biostimulants have been representing innovative and effective solutions that allow cutting-edge agriculture to be carried out particularly in the greenhouse-grown vegetable sector. In particular, Valagro solutions help us meet the needs of the market in Almería: right now the maximum production required by our market, especially in autumn and winter, is not enough for our customers. Consumers’ needs have changed; the new demands are directed towards non-seasonal production, traceability, zero waste, greater homogeneity and organoleptic quality in all crops in our area. Thanks to Valagro biostimulants such as Viva and Benefit PZ, we have been able to give our customers the possibility to minimise waste in production and to obtain very high quality tomatoes and other vegetables. This translates into the possibility of offering the best and healthiest products on the market, and thus those most selected by the end consumer."
Mariano Martín, Head of Farm Business Unit Europe, Valagro: "The excellent result achieved by Verde Agricola S.L. gives us great satisfaction because this helps us to make our brand increasingly stronger and recognisable on the market. Furthermore, this result is a sign of the growth and sharing of objectives that Valagro intends to strengthen through the Best Partner of the Year award, as well as through the wide range of services provided by our business service model Valagro@yourservice which aim to provide valid and real support for growing and improving together with our customers, which are always at the centre of our activities."
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-11-29 J. Huete International builds high-tech greenhouse for seed research in South America
- 2022-11-29 AI-enabled farming to reach 500,000 smallholder farmers in Asia
- 2022-11-29 Dutch geothermal project gets new buyer
- 2022-11-29 Delphy Japan opens new office
- 2022-11-29 NZ: Return of the watermelon
- 2022-11-29 Canada: Lethbridge College researchers to give tour of Brooks greenhouse facility
- 2022-11-29 AUSVEG welcomes new Directors as Victorian vegetable grower Bill Bulmer re-elected as Chair
- 2022-11-29 "Almost no Hoogstraten strawberries until March; after that, there may be a surplus"
- 2022-11-29 Maximizing tomato and vegetable production in grow bags with the Plantlogic drainage collection bases
- 2022-11-29 AUSVEG welcomes new directors
- 2022-11-29 Romanian company Microgreens believes in 'micro greenhouses'
- 2022-11-28 Elon Musk's SpaceX brings 'tomato seeds' to International Space Station
- 2022-11-28 Oreon receives DLC listing for water-cooled LED fixtures
- 2022-11-28 Germany: &ever initiates severing ties with Kalera PLC
- 2022-11-28 Award of Merit goes to K-12: Denver Public Schools Glenbrook Greenhouse
- 2022-11-28 Learn to grow energy-efficient cucumbers with 'Kassim the game'
- 2022-11-28 Expansion of the CEA team at Bosman Van Zaal
- 2022-11-25 New version Plantalyzer Vision software promises over 99% accuracy
- 2022-11-25 Organifarms wins CyberOne Hightech Award
- 2022-11-25 Dómhnal Slattery takes on role as special adviser at Abu Dhabi’s Pure Harvest