- European Export Sales Manager (Asia Market)
- Autonomous Greenhouse Manager
- Sales & Product representative Pot & Garden USA
- Supervisor International Horticultural Projects (USA)
- Director Of Growing - Carleton (MI) USA
- Greenhouse Manager - Cleburne (TX) USA
- Growing Manager young vegetable plants
- Sales Agents / Representatives - Germany
- Lead Grower California USA
- Produce Construction Manager - USA
Top 5 -last week
- First semi-closed greenhouse completed in Shanghai in late October
- From war zone to award-winning coconut coir factory
- "I used to sell millions of heads of lettuce a year; not anymore"
- The coupling of nanotechnology and luminescent films to optimize greenhouse light quality
- Water droplets smaller than a human hair
Top 5 -last month
- Using LED grow lights and less irrigation makes stronger plants
- "Deep Water Culture continues to give encouraging results"
- "Vertical farming won’t replace all greenhouse production, but it’s more a combination of all of them"
- Lettuce in a hydroponic system: 100% organic nutrients
- "Vertical farming is not the answer for all of humanity's woes"
Spain: Verde Agricola named Best Partner by Valagro
During the event, hosted at Valagro headquarters, Chairman Ottorino La Rocca presented the award to Carmen Vargas, General Manager of Verde Agrícola, in the presence of 2 technicians and a number of representatives of large farms identified as some of Verde Agricola's best customers.
With the Best Partner of the Year award, Valagro wishes to reward customers which have achieved the greatest percentage increase in sales with particular reference to innovative products most recently introduced on the market. From this point of view, Verde Agricola recorded a 118% increase in turnover in 2015.
Carmen Vargas, General Manager of Verde Agrícola S.L.: "Since 1994, when we began working with Valagro, Valagro biostimulants have been representing innovative and effective solutions that allow cutting-edge agriculture to be carried out particularly in the greenhouse-grown vegetable sector. In particular, Valagro solutions help us meet the needs of the market in Almería: right now the maximum production required by our market, especially in autumn and winter, is not enough for our customers. Consumers’ needs have changed; the new demands are directed towards non-seasonal production, traceability, zero waste, greater homogeneity and organoleptic quality in all crops in our area. Thanks to Valagro biostimulants such as Viva and Benefit PZ, we have been able to give our customers the possibility to minimise waste in production and to obtain very high quality tomatoes and other vegetables. This translates into the possibility of offering the best and healthiest products on the market, and thus those most selected by the end consumer."
Mariano Martín, Head of Farm Business Unit Europe, Valagro: "The excellent result achieved by Verde Agricola S.L. gives us great satisfaction because this helps us to make our brand increasingly stronger and recognisable on the market. Furthermore, this result is a sign of the growth and sharing of objectives that Valagro intends to strengthen through the Best Partner of the Year award, as well as through the wide range of services provided by our business service model Valagro@yourservice which aim to provide valid and real support for growing and improving together with our customers, which are always at the centre of our activities."
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2020-10-22 PMA welcomes six industry leaders to PMA Board of Directors
- 2020-10-22 Kalera contemplates private placement
- 2020-10-22 It seems like nothing can get breeding company Rijk Zwaan off track
- 2020-10-22 CombaGroup adds new products and rebrands
- 2020-10-22 Growing Media Europe elects new board members
- 2020-10-22 UK: AHDB CEO to step down
- 2020-10-22 VPK Group NV and Encase Ltd reach acquisition agreement
- 2020-10-22 "There is no quick fix; the real fix has to be long-term"
- 2020-10-21 Canadian smart LED lighting producer raises $3.15M
- 2020-10-21 US: Western Growers hires Walt Duflock as Vice President, Innovation
- 2020-10-21 BrightFarms secures $100 million Series E round of funding
- 2020-10-21 USDA cites VA company and files action against FL company for PACA violations
- 2020-10-20 Generation Farms prepares for future growth
- 2020-10-20 US: McCoy joins BioTherm sales team
- 2020-10-20 Rovensa to acquire Oro Agri
- 2020-10-20 UK: Matt Kettlewell joins Syngenta
- 2020-10-19 Asparagus grower must pay $50,000 in owed wages to workers
- 2020-10-19 "Automation grows in South East Asia"
- 2020-10-19 Research at the interface of seed development, epigenetics and evolution
- 2020-10-19 Leamington greenhouse fined $120K following electrocution death