Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Australia: Make sure your horticulture trading agreements are legal
The Code sets out a series of rights and obligations that apply between people trading in horticulture produce, including a requirement to have a written contract called a Horticulture Produce Agreement (HPA).
Not sure how your HPA should look? The ACCC have produced template HPAs for both merchant and agent relationships with growers.
It’s also in your interest to have an HPA because it protects you. It ensures there is transparency in the relationship between growers and traders so that each has a clear understanding of the terms under which they are trading.
As your HPA defines your trading relationship, you can’t just put it away and forget about it. You need to make sure you are acting within the terms of your HPA. The Code also has record keeping obligations that, among other things, say you need to keep a copy of all your HPAs.
At the very latest, you have until 1 April 2018 to be fully compliant with the Code. So whether you are a grower or a trader, now is the time to put a HPA in place because it is against the law to trade in horticulture produce without one.
Source: PMA A-NZ
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/18/2018 Growers in Côte d’Ivoire create own growbags
- 09/18/2018 Dutch greenhouse suppliers unite in Dutch Greenhouse Delta
- 09/18/2018 UK Government presents Agriculture Bill
- 09/18/2018 "Asian markets still open"
- 09/18/2018 New Zealand: Brisk weather brings cheaper broccoli
- 09/17/2018 DUPLICATE Expansion of notice-based process for importation and interstate movement of fruits and vegetables
- 09/17/2018 Success of Agriculture Bill will be in the details, warns British Growers
- 09/14/2018 Nuffield Zimbabwe seeking applicants for 2019 scholarships
- 09/14/2018 Nigeria: Overcoming knowledge barriers to nutritional security, higher income
- 09/14/2018 Romania: €87.8 million to support financing instrument for farmers
- 09/14/2018 Australia: Cucumber growers hit the jackpot
- 09/14/2018 US (CA): Strong production leaves lettuce market subdued
- 09/13/2018 Tomatoes satisfy growers all around Turkey
- 09/13/2018 "Vietnam’s surging agro-economy marked by challenging opportunities"
- 09/13/2018 China: Seasonal peppers enter the market in large volumes
- 09/13/2018 Vegetable prices in India shoot up due to fuel price hikes
- 09/13/2018 Uzbekistan: Exports of tomatoes to Russia tripled
- 09/13/2018 Tanzania: Zanzibar vegetable industry scrutinised
- 09/12/2018 Ireland: Funding for food waste reduction and agri-food tourism projects
- 09/12/2018 Crop Trust expands #CropsInColor palette